• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Rear Defoger Blower Motor, Rear Speaker, ADAPTER For The 71-74 B Body Cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have this adapter that is used on the rear defoger system, when the vehicle is equipped with a rear speaker.
It mounts both the blower motor, and the speaker to it, attaching to the underside package tray area in the trunk of the car.
A very hard part to find, come across, in this day and age.
Not many cars were optioned out with rear defoger, and rear seat speaker.
Selling the adapter only, at $180.00
The picture with the blower motor, and speaker on it are for reference only.
The blower motor is for sale, in my other ad.
Check my other ad out, if you will.
The speaker has cracks in it, so it's a core, that would need re coning.
Payment will be a postal money order, or Pay Pal.
Would need your zip code to give you a shipping quote.
Thank's for clicking on this ad.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Rear Defoger & Adapter 008 (Small).JPG

Rear Defoger & Adapter 009 (Small).JPG

Rear Defoger & Adapter 010 (Small) (2).JPG

Rear Defoger & Adapter 011 (Small).JPG

Rear Defoger & Adapter 014 (Small).JPG

Rear Speaker GTX 1 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
I have this adapter that is used on the rear defoger system, when the vehicle is equipped with a rear speaker.
It mounts both the blower motor, and the speaker to it, attaching to the underside package tray area in the trunk of the car.
A very hard part to find, come across, in this day and age.
Not many cars were optioned out with rear defoger, and rear seat speaker.
Selling the adapter only, at $180.00
The picture with the blower motor, and speaker on it are for reference only.
The blower motor is for sale, in my other ad.
Check my other ad out, if you will.
The speaker has cracks in it, so it's a core, that would need re coning.
Payment will be a postal money order, or Pay Pal.
Would need your zip code to give you a shipping quote.
Thank's for clicking on this ad.
Jim V.
hemi71x

View attachment 1382253

View attachment 1382254

View attachment 1382255

View attachment 1382256

View attachment 1382258Well, guess who needs the adapter?

Just a side note and I don’t want to become the sale ad on a discussion, but this piece doesn’t fit on 71 and lates B bodies, but A, E and C bodies. The dutchman panel on 71 and lates bodies is too short for this adapter, hence this option wasn’t optioned on them.

BTDT

Just a side note and I don’t want to become the sale ad on a discussion, but this piece doesn’t fit on 71 and lates B bodies, but A, E and C bodies. The dutchman panel on 71 and lates bodies is too short for this adapter, hence this option wasn’t optioned on them.

BTDT
Oh ya, is that so?
Well the 71 Hemi GTX that i owned for 28 years had on of these in it, as i must have done something, to get both rear window defogger, and rear speaker in it.
But it was decades ago, and i haven't a clew anymore, what i did.
On my old car it wasn't a factory assembly line, installed option, when the car was built, but during my ownership of that car, i installed quite a few factory options to more or less bring it up to my personal liking, as when i owned it, the car was a daily driver, back in the dinosaur days.
And it also has an AM/FM Stereo radio to go along with rear speaker.
You pay attention to the pictures that i included in my ad showing the rear speaker knob on the underside of the instrument panel. and the air grabber open, close, switch.
This GTX had them both.
Your right, this is my ad, and not intended for a discussion, or your two cents worth of opinion.

Last edited:
Well, just to conclude, not for discussion. Really I don’t wanna be an A$$hol€. Rear speakers and rear deffog options can go together on B bodies, but just being a single speaker on driver side and the blower on passenger side.

if Radio was Mono, you got the rear speaker fader knob. If was stereo, no fader knob, but left channel was front speaker and right channel the rear speaker, so the balance ring on Radio does the job.

I’m just saying what I have learnt reading and also on the hard way, because I got the adapter (thankfully included on a lot of parts so didn’t pay just for it) thinking on install it on my 74 and it was imposible to do it. The rear section meets with deck lid springs bars underneath the dutchman panel and the attaching tab (which requires also a bracket extension) doesn’t reach anywhere. There is not a provision either for this bracket anywhere into the package shelf section for “some reason” (too short) like other bodies (E) got and you can’t open a hole on dutchman panel for obvious reasons. Then searched for info and packages options and also found that was why this piece is not listed on the Parts catalog for the R and W cars column con catalog.

Bud, I’m trying to orientate. The best success selling this will be on a E body board.

now, it could be attached? Probably yes, on a tricky way.

Good luck! :thumbsup:, and I hope no hate for this info.

Last edited:
I'm, going to mark this ad of mine SOLD to keep it from turning into a bell ****, commentary session that a for sale ad isn't meant to do.
The adapter is still for sale, if anyone is interested in it.
Just write me a private message, if you would.
Use the adapter on any other body style car, of your ownership, then.
There are plenty of A, C, E, body cars, out there in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back