• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear speaker to defogger motor adapter for a '71-'74 B-body

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score
i have read several articles online about this adapter being used in a '71-'74 B body. Some indicate it fits and some say there is an interference on the B-body. All agree it was designed for the E-body. Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with trying to install on a B-body and what was the results?

Screenshot 2023-02-07 205719.png

I have been told the same thing, that it will not work/fit however I have one and I have a 71 Charger that I am building so I will find out.

i have read several articles online about this adapter being used in a '71-'74 B body. Some indicate it fits and some say there is an interference on the B-body. All agree it was designed for the E-body. Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with trying to install on a B-body and what was the results?

View attachment 1414381
I tried…. big no. Deck lid torsion bars are in the middle… aside there is no provision for the rear bracket. It would be around the dutchman panel.

I have to admit neither tried hard, just presented on area and found it was to be a challenge to try to fit it.

On 20 years around the Mopar boards I still haven’t seen anybody with this adaptor mounted on some B body.

I have the same experience, and I'm thinking of relocating the rear fan, but note sure where and how, Have any one done that?

Sorry I don't have a photo, but when my 74 was a daily driver in the 70's I mounted it to the right side trunk brace. It wasn't stock looking but was better than a frost shield in the winter. Remember frost shields? LOL

I know it doesn't apply to a 71, but I bought one of those adapters and at first glance, it sure looks like it will work on my 70. The judging manual references the rear speaker/defogger housing. I believe there was a picture showing a z shape bracket for mounting the rear ear of the adapter to the panel.

I did a bunch of research when putting my 73 back together and ended up doing just that, mounting to the upper brace.

WP_20140706_001.jpg

I believe there was a picture showing a z shape bracket for mounting the rear ear of the adapter to the panel.

sure… but just for E bodies… those are what it gets the provision on speaker panel for that bracket

Sorry I don't have a photo, but when my 74 was a daily driver in the 70's I mounted it to the right side trunk brace. It wasn't stock looking but was better than a frost shield in the winter. Remember frost shields? LOL
LOL, pragmatic but not so good looking I guess, I think I’ll save it with the other original parts that not living up to the criteria of adding any value for a sunshine cruiser.

Auto Transport Service
Back