• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Spring Shackle Bushings

TLH101

Local time
8:01 PM
Reaction score
Is this kit all I need to replace the rear shackle bushings on my '63 Dodge 330?
I know I have press/cut/cuss the stock bushings out of the springs. Are the frame (upper) bushings pressed in, like the springs?

s-l1600 (1).jpg thumbnail_20210305_082106.jpg

The bushings on the front of your leaf springs are the ones that are pressed in. All on the rear shackle hanger just push in, although I have never had them go in easily like posted above.

I've found that lubing them with liquid dish soap makes the installation easier.

The bushings on the front of your leaf springs are the ones that are pressed in. All on the rear shackle hanger just push in, although I have never had them go in easily like posted above.
So the rear spring and body bushing, do not have the "rubber in a sleave" type, from oem?

So the rear spring and body bushing, do not have the "rubber in a sleave" type, from oem?
Yes they do. That is the bushing kit you posted a pic of in your first post and they are not "pressed in". The bushings in the front of your leaf springs are the ones that are pressed in and far more difficult to replace. They don't wear out as fast like the rears however.

Auto Transport Service
Back