• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear sway bar bracket

billfury

Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
I’m in desperate need of a 1972 charger right rear sway bar bracket/plate. It’s the bracket/plate that mounts between the leaf spring and shock plate. I will buy the pair or complete sway bar set up if I need to. Thanks

Attachments

• need sway bar bracket.jpg
    need sway bar bracket.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 285
Hey Bill, anybody decent enough with a welder could fix the one you have. A little grinding and probably better than new because they all break there if abused. Get them to weld up the bushing hole and drill it out to renew it while they are at it. Once the bushing is there nobody will notice the missing ring. People bring in stuff to the body shop where I work and we do it for cash and a break from the everyday BS all the time. Just an idea for a hard to find item.

Hey Bill, anybody decent enough with a welder could fix the one you have. A little grinding and probably better than new because they all break there if abused. Get them to weld up the bushing hole and drill it out to renew it while they are at it. Once the bushing is there nobody will notice the missing ring. People bring in stuff to the body shop where I work and we do it for cash and a break from the everyday BS all the time. Just an idea for a hard to find item.

I was going to do that, but it's also bent a little. I’m going to buy a complete set up from Tony’s parts. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Will any other years work?

72 only.73 and up have the different suspension with that isolator. And 71 never had a rear sway bay which blew my mind when I was told that. E-body is also different.

71s got rear sway bar if optioned ( not a part of any package ), however 72s got plenty since was part of the rallye package and I think option on the rest... thats why maybe you think 71s didn't got, because is easier to find them on 72s

is like concelead headlights... 71s were optioned only on performance and packaged on SE models, however 72s were part of package on Toppers and optioned to some other regular models, aside than like previouslly, part of SE and optioned on rallyes. Thats why is easier to find 72s kind hideaways

71s got rear sway bar if optioned ( not a part of any package )
Going to have to disagree with you on that one Nacho, have yet to find any documentation indicating rear sway bars were available on 2-door ’71 B-bodies to the general public. Police or special order only possibly however. Love to see what you have as back-up, showing rear bar optional for ’71.

Going to have to disagree with you on that one Nacho, have yet to find any documentation indicating rear sway bars were available on 2-door ’71 B-bodies to the general public. Police or special order only possibly however. Love to see what you have as back-up, showing rear bar optional for ’71.

do you like the movie Fargo?

Just your phrasing ..
Going to have to disagree with you on that one Nacho
I really like that movie.

Not an exact quote mind you but reminded me of a character in that movie, that's all I was saying. No offense intended.

sorry, definitivelly I can be wrong. The file I had storaged where shows the sway bar was 72... I thought it was from a 71 catalog... search on the on line 71 catalog files I have and only found rear sway bar for E bodies.

my bad

Thanks, no offence taken. Just didn’t get the reference. It’s been way too many years since I last saw Fargo, don’t recall specifics, found it humorous however. I remember the chipper machine scene, red snow.

Auto Transport Service
Back