• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear tire rotation ?

Randy73

Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
Was bleeding my brakes after replacing the M/C and jacked up the rear, took off the right rear and bled the brakes. While doing a check of the brakes I turned the axle both forward and backward a fill rotation each way.

Now do I have a problem or is this just a sign the rearend is not a sure-grip?

Not really sure I understand the question. So your saying that when you rotated the tires on the axle one tire rotated clockwise while the other went counter-clockwise? If that is the case you do not have a sure-grip. Sure-grips will rotate the tires in the same direction.

When I was tired, it made sense.

With drivers side tire on the ground and passenger side up, I could turn the pass. side either way with little effort.

So is this something to worry about or did I just confirm that I do not have a suregrip rearend?

Nothing to worry about, you just have an open or non sure-grip rearend.

Or, if you are supposed to have a SureGrip and it's doing that....it means it's worn out. Question is, are you supposed to have a SureGrip?

Auto Transport Service
Back