• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendation for a car transport service...

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I received a promotion at work and will be moving from AZ to NM. I am looking for recommendations for car hauling services to transport my Belvedere and my GTX.
Google brings up plenty available but I would prefer a referral for one someone here would recommend. Thanks!

Reliable Carriers. Used them to ship my GTS 'vert from San Diego to Tampa area. Picked up and delivered sooner than promised, driver notified me as soon as the car was in his possession, and he kept us posted of his progress as he worked his way across the country. Car arrived wrapped in plastic. Couldn't have asked for any better service.

Reliable Carriers. Used them to ship my GTS 'vert from San Diego to Tampa area. Picked up and delivered sooner than promised, driver notified me as soon as the car was in his possession, and he kept us posted of his progress as he worked his way across the country. Car arrived wrapped in plastic. Couldn't have asked for any better service.
Thanks! Did you get enclosed or closed transport? What did they charge per mile?

Open transport is fine with me and cheaper. It's about 650 miles to our new house.

Large enclosed trailer. No idea about the per mile cost. It was $2,239 delivered to my door from San Diego. That was in December of 2018.

Checkout transportreviews.com for real world input on carriers. You can search by name. Very helpful.

Ive most always used a broker; 4cornerstransport.com out of Wash state. Jeff there has always done right for me. The one time I used a 'big name' outfit. Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS), it was a mess from start to finish.

May be better to just sell the GTX than move it. I might be able to find a buyer for you quickly.

I’ve used DAS and Roadrunner with no problems. Read the reviews and go nuts…

Drive them if they are all together.

We have 4 cars including my classics. wife will be driving her car w/ trailer and I'll be driving my Pathfinder. No one else to drive them out. A transport will be less of a headache for us.

I’ve used DAS and Roadrunner with no problems. Read the reviews and go nuts…

Roadrunner didn't even have an option for 69 Plymouth other than Barracuda nor any 1962 Plymouth models. I'll get quotes from others first.

I tried Roadrunner, but waited forever for them to schedule a pickup. Cancelled and went with Montway, picked up the next day. Open stepdeck, California to St Louis, $1700 in 2020, same price as RR.

another recommendation for Reliable carriers
I had a 68 FB cuda shell/roller delivered
from Brainerd Mn. to Concord Ca. (didn't have room in my trailer)
That I bought from a guy at the NHRA races
they/Reliable Carriers treated it like $1,000,000 car, it was nowhere near it
But;
they put paper on the floors, plastic over the seats & body
nicely tied it down, care to not scratch anything
Hell'
they even beat me back to my house, by a few hrs
(he had 3 other deliveries on the way too) we did stop often to eat & stuff
fueled up a few more times than him I'm sure too
he called me when he got there, 'great communication with them'
I was about an hr/1.5 out still
the guy just sat & waited, he ate his lunch, unloaded the car
& did all his notes, detailed description of condition & chips etc.
he did before he loaded in Brainard Mn, checklist thorough & detailed...

I was his last stop, mine was in the front enclosed spotless clean trailer
(he had like 4 cars in the trailer org.)
before he was leaving my place, to go up to Wa state IIRC
to drive something else back

the driver was a 'real car guy' too
Carl (IIRC), we talked for about an hr
I gave an extra $20 to get something to eat
he refused it at 1st, I insisted he get a burger or something on me
Real attention to detail, really clean truck/trailer too, 'spotless'...

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them & use them again...

they were only a couple hundred more than InnerCity (IIRC),
(In 2007 it was like $1,800 total to my door/garage,
I'm sure it'd be more now with diesel costs the way they are
)
but Reliable picked it up before I even left the racetrack
InnerCity IIRC was gonna be a week or more,
not a guaranteed pick up or delivery date or time...

don't go with the cheapest you will regret it

I had bad luck with using brokers a couple of times too
a bunch of freaken' flakes, they ignore you after they get the $$
don't return calls when it late or flat out lie etc.
(the driver may be OK but the brokers sucked, greedy SOBs too)

good luck & congrats on the promotion
Thank you for your service protecting US too
I commend your efforts...

Last edited:
good luck & congrats on the promotion
Thank you for your service protecting US too
I commend your efforts...

Thank you! It will be a nice change for us.

Waiting on Reliable to get back with a quote. 4 Corners quoted $1414 which seems like a good deal.

Reliable quote came back. $3582. They only offer enclosed for personal vehicles. It also says shipping could take 2 to 7 weeks. I'm going to keep looking.

I used a guy suggested to me from where I bought my car in Kentucky to transport it to South Florida a couple of years ago (Trump Gas Prices) he did a great job at more than a fair price. John Marshall (828) 557-2170

Reliable, Passport Transport and such are great, but higher than a cats back and booked up pretty solid by rich guys.
May I offer a suggestion for a broker? Ive used them 3 times over the past dozen years or so and have been very pleased. You might call ASAP Transports, 580.774.5063 , 580.819.1549 or [email protected] . Talk to Nina and she can usually get you hooked up with a smaller carrier who actually wants your business.

I would highly recomend Passport .

They brought my satellite from ohio to az.

I just recently bought a car out of Bakersfield Ca.
And I rented an open trailer and went and got it myself.
Cost me a little over $700 total fuel and.trailer rental

Hi all, I received a promotion at work and will be moving from AZ to NM. I am looking for recommendations for car hauling services to transport my Belvedere and my GTX.
Google brings up plenty available but I would prefer a referral for one someone here would recommend. Thanks!
DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT USE FTX TRANSPORT FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

Recently, I made a significant investment in a rare and valuable 1 of a kind Frank Elliot 5 year Rotisserie restoration 472 Hemi - 4 speed - Dana 60 car from Ryan - The Boat Wholesaler in Ontario, following their recommendation to utilize TFX Auto Transport for shipping arrangements - that was on or about January 29th. The agreement and signed contract was for the car to be collected from Ryan's sizable heated storage facility, loaded directly onto the transport trailer in the large warehouse in that facility and delivered straight to my home in NB. I had meticulously prepared for its arrival by clearing the driveway of all snow down to clean blacktop, ensuring a smooth 20 foot transition into one of my garages. However, TFX failed to uphold their end of the deal. Instead of picking up the car from the agreed location, citing truck malfunctions on several occasions as an excuse, they recklessly had it driven 500 meters in the midst of a snowstorm to an auto repair shop without my knowledge, where it languished for ten days despite assurances of prompt retrieval. The owner of the repair shop, unable to accommodate the prolonged storage of the vehicle, allowed it to be moved around within the premises. Subsequently, the car when TLX finally arrived was driven onto salty roads to load as per truck pictures attached once again I was assured it would be delivered to me where I had again had access prepared at my residence as agreed, but instead they transported the vehicle to TFX's storage facility where it remained idle for an additional two weeks and was finally delivered March 4th 2024 but to AJM Classic Inc. Upon discovering that TFX had exposed the car to snow and salt, I rightfully demanded a thorough detailing to eliminate any damage caused by contamination. Shockingly, Adam, purportedly the owner's son, callously refused to comply. Left with no other recourse, I was compelled to deliver the car and enlist the services of AJM Classics Inc. in Moncton NB for a complete detailing, only to uncover extensive other damage inflicted by TFX from their constant loading and unloading. Now, TFX has adopted a stance of silence, ignoring my emails and withholding information regarding their insurer, effectively obstructing my ability to file a claim for damages. This egregious behavior and blatant disregard for their responsibilities must be addressed promptly and rectified without further delay. It appears that due to disrespect for a one of a kind classic 6 figure vehicle I am forced to rectify this matter legally which is already being done. BUT I WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO BE AWARE OF DEALING WITH THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY - READ THEIR NEGATIVE REVIEWS AS IT GIVES AN HONEST INSITE INTO THIS COMPANIES REAL FAILING BUSINESS ETHICS AND MOTTO " WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE "

OOPS-TFX-AT-ITS-BEST-1280.jpg

OOPS-TFX-AT-ITS-BEST.jpg

POLARA-1-TRUCK.jpg

SI-3633 - Frank Raynor - AJM CLASSICS-PAID.jpg

image1.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image9 (1).jpeg

image9-(1)-FRAME-DAMAGE.jpg

image9-(1)-FRAME-DAMAGE-2.jpg

I AM SO TOTALLY FEDUP WITH THE ILLEGAL AND UNETHICAL WAY THIS COMPANY OPERATES I HAVE BUILT A WEBSITE TO MAKE SURE THE MOTORING PUBLIC BECOMES AWARE OF THEM THAT CONTAINS FULL DETAILS OF THIS: SEE ONE OF MANY REQUESTS FOR INSURANCE AFTER THE RESPONSE FROM THEIR LAWYER:

I am receipt of your countless emails. As previously requested, please cease and desist from contacting my client, including by copying them on these emails. It remains our position that TFX has not breached any contract or acted negligently in any way. We are unclear which section of what statute you continue to reference, as the Motor Carriers Act is only law in certain provinces (not Ontario), and in any event in the provinces in which it exists, contains no provision requiring a motor carrier to provide a customer with its insurance information.

FTX REVIEWS FORUM

David,

I must insist on receiving the legally required insurance contacts for your client promptly, as mandated by the Motor Carrier Act, which is a matter of law in Ontario.

This is now my 22rd request for this critical information, necessary to advance my claims in this matter in a timely manner.

Here are some of the essential links that we've consistently shared across all our social media platforms for our affiliated companies:

1. Facebook Link
  2. LinkedIn Link
  3. Instagram Link
  4. Quora Link
Your patience will be rewarded once I am no longer preoccupied with the launch of Ezead.com. Expect unwavering dedication to this endeavor, as I will invest countless hours advancing my claims before your client's insurer and, if necessary, within our legal system.

The Motor Carrier Act was established precisely to prevent situations like this: Under Ontario Regulation 643/05, carriers are initially burdened with proving non-negligence in handling and transporting goods.

This regulation provides a comprehensive framework for goods carriage, outlining insurance requirements for carriers and establishing the claims process for consignees dealing with lost or damaged goods.

Carriers and consignees have distinct responsibilities under this regulation, which they must fulfill following the prescribed procedures and timelines to protect their legal rights. I have diligently fulfilled all my responsibilities, unlike your client, who has unlawfully obstructed my rights under the act—a behavior that is utterly unacceptable. The courts will not overlook your negligence and failure to fulfill legal obligations, and it will undoubtedly have repercussions for you.

image11 (1).jpeg

Innercity transport. Used them twice - Mpls to LA, then LA to Mpls. About $1800 each time. One of the primary reasons I used them was they do not broker out to whomever. Their drivers are employees and have a stake in a quality delivery. Both times a man & wife team (same couple). Everything was smooth as silk including contacts while they were on the road. I would definitely use them again - if you sell me your GTX….. Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back