• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember that TV thread?

SteveSS

Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
I happened to see Wally World was having a Pre-Black-Friday deal on some no-name 55" 4K for $188. It went on sale at 7:00 pm November 7th. I got my order in right away, they sold out quickly. Supposed to be here tomorrow. Holy Cow that's fast. If it lasts 2 years I'll be happy.

TCL?

I'm using a cast off 1280x1024 projector I put together from a few piles of parts.

Sucks I only have a 72 inch wide screen to use.
It could go much larger.
No real way to use another wall, either.
Only one available is a flagstone fireplace.

Poor me, right?

Yep, TCL, I had never heard of them. My wife did some Google review research and said that they had good reviews so we went for it. Like you, if it lasts a few years I will be happy.

TCL?

I'm using a cast off 1280x1024 projector I put together from a few piles of parts.

Sucks I only have a 72 inch wide screen to use.
It could go much larger.
No real way to use another wall, either.
Only one available is a flagstone fireplace.

Poor me, right?
I would be really interested to hear how you did this. I have a screen I bought when an electronics store went under but have no projector.

The TV just arrived. An older lady with a crossover vehicle delivered it. She said everybody is getting it. I'll set it up tonight.

I picked ours up last night. Ill set it up this weekend, curious to see what its like, how nice picture is.

We just hooked up the TCL 55 4k. It's nice having a bigger screen but this is my first 4K. I know, I'm a cheap bastard and hang on to old TVs until they die. I really like the 4K. The first thing I watched on 4K was Tom Crusie in War of the Worlds. I think it was a great choice. For the guys that bought one of these too. Just cut the straps and lift the box up and over the TV. The power cord is short so you'll probably need an extension. The rest seems great.

There's a tendency to say, "Wow, that's Great!" Then in 5 minutes your brain has already come adjusted to the change. My son ought the 75" 4k from Walmart's sale.

Auto Transport Service
Back