• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removal of clutch and brake pedal assembly

Bold & Old

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone...... I am having a problem removing the clutch and brake pedal assembly
under the dash on my 1967 Dodge R/T.

I have (all) the attaching bolts and support rods that are attached under the dash removed.

I removed the master cylinder no problem with my steering column removed.

I have no brake booster......

There seems to be no obvious reason (using mirrors) for why I cannot remove the outside firewall the "reinforcement plate"............. that holds the brake master cylinder in place.

The reinforcement plate will open up very little (see picture)

I even removed the clutch spring to... no problem.

its almost like it being held be a mysterious bolt or a weld that can not be seen on the upper right top.

I am stumped so any suggestions would be very helpful removing it.

It must be something simple as most folks here have no issues according to my search on B bodies.

Thank you all for any responses and helpful ideas to resolve this matter.:praying:

Mike

Documents 058.JPG
Documents 059.JPG
Documents 060.JPG

It IS being held by 2 nuts, but it is no mystery, they are on the other side of these studs.

00B6494E-9C18-4BB7-A97A-D45B93A6652A.jpeg

Well when something doesn't come apart doesn't it make sense to keep poking around to see what's stopping it !!

well i found it hidden nut behind the cross bar that the 4 coil spring is attached too.

Yes i am old mechanic but still trying on my ""first"" Mopar car.....

"I will never give up"

........ back to the problem

I will have to remove the pedal cross shaft bar to even see the nut.

Thank you all including and especially Jerry!

I love B bodies given me a broader point of view.

Case closed!! :thankyou:

Documents 059.JPG

I only have a crappy photo that's not worth posting BUT I'm pretty sure you don't have to remove anything to get at that nut. Think of the factory assembling cars ... that thing would have gone in as an assembly, not something needing tinkering once bolted in.

Auto Transport Service
Back