• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing firewall brake line run

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
I've been busy rebuilding the front and rear suspensions on my GTX and decided to go ahead and replace the brake and fuel lines - which I've done except for the one across the firewall to the pass side front wheel. My car has PB and factory AC and it looks like it's going to be a major chore replacing that last line. Has anyone done this on a car with engine in place and with AC and/or PB?

Long shot I'm sure - but in the event someone has, where did you work the line out from - pass side? driver side? out the bottom?

Thanks

I just replaced all of the brake lines on my 67 satellite with the engine installed. Ran the line from the passenger side. I had a friend guide it into the engine bay to avoid any paint damage. It went in pretty smoothly. Watch for the wires coming through the fire wall. Have your helper guide the line below them. I threaded all of the lines into the distribution block before I mounted it to the frame. Once it was all mocked up I mounted the distribution block and tightened down all of the lines. Worked like a charm.

Thanks - I made a stab at it today but didn't get far. I did decide I better try to get the new one in position before I removed the old one or I could really be in a fix. I think I may have to partially straighten some of the bends out where it runs to the block and drum hose to work it in.

I managed to get the new line in today. I didn't take the old line out until the new one was more or less in place and when I cut the old one out I could see that the new one was not bent very similar to the old one on the drive side. It's not much fun trying to bend and contour a line crammed back on the firewall and running amongst air conditioning lines and around the PB booster. But I finally managed.

Auto Transport Service
Back