• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored ac vents

steve817

Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
I just finished the restoration work on these ac vents and they turned out beautiful. Lots of parts the engineers had to design using a slide rule! 30 individual parts Mopar made to make the center ac vent. 21 individual parts to make one lower side ac vent. Lots of work to restore these correctly as the metal parts inside are typically rusted and the plastic is broken. Thanks for looking. Steve

AD415B63-FD03-4719-9017-66A546DD54B5.JPG D96DE897-5018-4520-9FC0-C6353AA7CB42.JPG fullsizeoutput_715.jpeg fullsizeoutput_716.jpeg

i put duct tape over mine so i wouldn't have to look at them. (JK)

Super clean sir! Very nice attention to detail. I know exactly how much work goes into that kind of thing.

I just finished the restoration work on these ac vents and they turned out beautiful. Lots of parts the engineers had to design using a slide rule! 30 individual parts Mopar made to make the center ac vent. 21 individual parts to make one lower side ac vent. Lots of work to restore these correctly as the metal parts inside are typically rusted and the plastic is broken. Thanks for looking. Steve

View attachment 1129287 View attachment 1129288 View attachment 1129289 View attachment 1129290
Those are a thing of beauty. Well done. What did you use for the chrome look?

Those are a thing of beauty. Well done. What did you use for the chrome look?
Thanks for asking, I have done a lot of research in factory coating to include the chrome. New materials are now on the market that resist UV light, resist maring, is tough and adheres very well. I chose to use the 3M chrome vinyl material for this project and it turned out very nice.

Thanks for asking, I have done a lot of research in factory coating to include the chrome. New materials are now on the market that resist UV light, resist maring, is tough and adheres very well. I chose to use the 3M chrome vinyl material for this project and it turned out very nice.
Turned out great. Thanks for that info!

Those came out beautiful! Very nice. I see you are using a 3M product do you happen to have the part number? I want to try that on my wifes 71 Road Runner vents. Good job!!

Auto Transport Service
Back