• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Restoring a 1971 Dodge Charger SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Schueller

Local time
7:19 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am restoring a 1971 Charger SE, and since the front fenders were only available for one year, on one reproduces them. This is a problem, since the front end was damaged enough that I had to scrap both fenders.

I am looking for both fenders, as well as a rust free trunk lid. If you have any ideas where i could find them, that would be a great help!!

Thanks,
Jerry

72 fenders are bolt on but the marker light is different.
If you saved the area with the markers, provided they weren't damaged in that area....

73/74 fenders can work if absolutely necessary.
The wheel opening is larger, the bottom body line doesn't really line up, and there are some bolt and bracket differences in the front.

It's really hard to find any 71-74 fenders that aren't rusted from the inside out, or beat to hell in the nose area.

72 fenders are bolt on but the marker light is different.
If you saved the area with the markers, provided they weren't damaged in that area....

73/74 fenders can work if absolutely necessary.
The wheel opening is larger, the bottom body line doesn't really line up, and there are some bolt and bracket differences in the front.

It's really hard to find any 71-74 fenders that aren't rusted from the inside out, or beat to hell in the nose area.
Yes, the front area over the bumper is the part that was really screwed up, and no way to repair. Of course the rust around the wheel well and down by the door was real bad, a lifetime Minnesota car!!!

I thought of cutting out the marker openings, exactly three days after I scrapped the fenders, and found out that there were no after market fenders being produced.

Thanks,
Jerry 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back