• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Retirement project

azmoparboy

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
I value all of you seasoned Mopar enthusiast. I’m just a guy that likes to work and build Chrysler cars. I’m coming up close to retirement, my two cars are completed and that got me to thinking. I didn’t know that I would feel this way about either of my two cars but I need something to work on.

So witch one do I try to sell? There are many to choose from, the money controls me. And what I have, what are they worth. I’m not a car salesman,the valve of a car is in the eye of the beholder. I really like both of my cars but to free up the most money I think would be to attempt to sell the 1971 Challenger. I don’t want to leave any money on the table so I’ve started the asking price rather high. You all have probably seen my posted ad here on the website. There are lots of lookers, so I know people are looking for a Challenger. If I ask to little that wouldn’t be smart. And those two car are ok sitting right where they are, because, I have gas in them and can go anywhere I want them to go, turn key air on and drive.

So with the little information that you do have about my Challenger, please don’t be to hard on me, give me your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

azmoparboy,
Steve

Hey Steve could you post the thread on here about your cars. I know nothing about your cars. Dave

... the valve of a car is in the eye of the beholder. ...

Now I've had some semi-serious injuries in my lifetime playing with cars and their parts but that's one I've thankfully been able to avoid so far. Owwwwwwwwwwwww .........

:poke:

Welcome aboard Steve! You're sure to find what you're looking for around here. Don't let any valves hit you in the meantime; I have some extra keepers if ya need any.

Ok Steve I only see the 1 car FS so let me ask you this,is the RT Challenger just a base challenger aka 318 car? You should know we all dump so much money in these cars we are 9 out of 10 times upside down and will never get our money back out of them. Just in our labor alone we lose. What other cars do you have that you can sell? And Im sorry to hear money controls you,I hope you meant the lack of. Did you post your car on For E Bodies only?

So I’m not to serious about selling the charger, but I guess everything is for sale if the money is right. This is going to be a challenge just selling one car, so I’m not going to work to hard selling the Charger at this moment.

The Challenger is originally a big block car and non-numbers matching anything. I have a title for Arizona, the only number that matches on this car is the dash plate, everything else has been removed.

If you are looking for a Barrett quality challenger this car is not for you. It is a fun very nice looking car big Block AC four-speed Limited slip rear 355 gears. I also forgot to mention it has fitech efi system on it with pump in the tank. This is a beer budget restored car. Someone that gets this car is going to get a car that has all of the things that a high priced challenger has except A pedigree that you don’t have to pay for. Anyone that is serious about a car will come see and touch.

im trying to keep this as simple by only listing it on here.

So I’m not to serious about selling the charger, but I guess everything is for sale if the money is right. This is going to be a challenge just selling one car, so I’m not going to work to hard selling the Charger at this moment.

The Challenger is originally a big block car and non-numbers matching anything. I have a title for Arizona, the only number that matches on this car is the dash plate, everything else has been removed.

If you are looking for a Barrett quality challenger this car is not for you. It is a fun very nice looking car big Block AC four-speed Limited slip rear 355 gears. I also forgot to mention it has fitech efi system on it with pump in the tank. This is a beer budget restored car. Someone that gets this car is going to get a car that has all of the things that a high priced challenger has except A pedigree that you don’t have to pay for. Anyone that is serious about a car will come see and touch.

im trying to keep this as simple by only listing it on here.

I like that description.....
( beer budget restored ) lmao

Rebuild an old motorcycle for fun, it takes up less space and cheaper to build and then sell it.

Hi,
I value all of you seasoned Mopar enthusiast. I’m just a guy that likes to work and build Chrysler cars. I’m coming up close to retirement, my two cars are completed and that got me to thinking. I didn’t know that I would feel this way about either of my two cars but I need something to work on.

So witch one do I try to sell? There are many to choose from, the money controls me. And what I have, what are they worth. I’m not a car salesman,the valve of a car is in the eye of the beholder. I really like both of my cars but to free up the most money I think would be to attempt to sell the 1971 Challenger. I don’t want to leave any money on the table so I’ve started the asking price rather high. You all have probably seen my posted ad here on the website. There are lots of lookers, so I know people are looking for a Challenger. If I ask to little that wouldn’t be smart. And those two car are ok sitting right where they are, because, I have gas in them and can go anywhere I want them to go, turn key air on and drive.

So with the little information that you do have about my Challenger, please don’t be to hard on me, give me your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

azmoparboy,
Steve
I like your Challenger.

The only advice I have with regards to selling your car is to call these folks and see if they will accept it into their auction website.

https://bringatrailer.com/

I'm not sure how the reserve price is determined for the BaT auctions...they might have advice on what is a good reserve price.

Rebuild an old motorcycle for fun, it takes up less space and cheaper to build and then sell it.
Totally agree! Old tractors are another good one, but take up a little bit more space than a motorcycle.

Wayne,
I know many that do that, buy and sell, make a buck, keeps you off the streets!! I have a friend who started out with a tractor and ended up with a fleet!! LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back