• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Richard Petty on Danica Patrick

I just watches the show americarna. Ray finds 2 nascar race cars that were put away in the 70s. One was a ford, the other was a 74 charger with a hemi. Long story short, he dragged them both home and then did a match up between a new cup car and the charger. They had kasey kahne come in and drive both cars. All their little match up showed me was he can't drive. I wonder if any of them can. This is why nascar in this day and age sucks

I just watches the show americarna. Ray finds 2 nascar race cars that were put away in the 70s. One was a ford, the other was a 74 charger with a hemi. Long story short, he dragged them both home and then did a match up between a new cup car and the charger. They had kasey kahne come in and drive both cars. All their little match up showed me was he can't drive. I wonder if any of them can. This is why nascar in this day and age sucks

very true!!! i was shocked at the lack of driving ability.

i like the show .

If Danica had the very corporate backing extended to Petty in his day...well, take it from there...Petty always fell on his face when corporate did not supply everything. Besides, what is so hard about gacking it and turning left....lol not real racing in my book...

Well, for starters, she's been in pro racing for 13 years, and in 13 years she's managed to win a whopping one race. Would you hire a lawyer who had only won one case in 13 years? Would you hire a quarterback who had won one game in 13 years? Would you hire a pilot who landed safely once in 13 years? Probably "no" would be the answer to all three. In her 39 NASCAR races she's been in, guess how many laps she's held the lead in? 41! Out of 10,036 laps she's run in NASCAR (yes, I looked it up), she's led only 41 of them, which in racing terms translates to pathetic.

Yet, despite this crappy record of professional racing success, Patrick gets added to the Baldwin Racing team so she can run as a rookie in the 2012 Daytona 500, where she starts 29th and finishes 38th. And yet despite this horrid finish, she gets lots of great publicity and gets selected to join the JR Motorsports team for the 2012 season! She lasts a mediocre year with JR, and what happens? Out of the blue, Stewart-Haas Racing says we want her, and brings her over to one of the premiere teams, just in time for her to run in the 2013 Daytona 500, where suddenly the gal who finished near the mid-bottom of the stack in 2012, and is a top 20 driver at best throughout 2012, suddenly captures the pole in 2013, which, strictly as a coincidence I'm sure, NASCAR had already initiated a huge marketing and exposure campaign for Patrick months before the race was run in order to elevate the sport amongst women.

So you have a driver who has a very poor track record of success who gets put into a Daytona 500 as to test the waters, and does very poorly race wise, but garners a HUGE amount of attention on a personal level, who then gets picked up by not one but two of the top racing teams and has a storied finish at a race that's been made all about her for months. And from what I heard from a long time friend at NASCAR, the squeeze was put on Stewart-Haas to ensure Patrick received the best equipment and the pit crews were shuffled around to make sure she had the best members at every position.

So you tell me... a driver has a mediocre, lack-luster career before a race. Then a race that's marketed primarily on her, and in an effort to attract women to the sport, is run and she makes a spectacular showing for herself. Then after said is over, and the hype is over, things return to normal at JR Motorsports and she's back to being her top 20 self again and gets herself sent to a different team. What's all that tell you? It tells me a mediocre driver got a LOT of help during that 2013 500 to make sure the results were what NASCAR wanted, and after the race was over that support was pulled and she went back to being mediocre.

Lawyers & quarterbacks have a 50 50 chance.

All you guys that are drooling do of course know that she is a transexual don't you.

Gee what do you know... in 2012, Patrick managed to finish in the mid-20s in qualifying. In 2013, she had all the support NASCAR could throw her way and she finished Number One! Now comes 2014, and the NASCAR Year of the Woman is over, her extra support is gone, and where does she finish in qualifying? 25th, right where you would expect someone with her record to finish. What a surprise! :)

At least he speaks his mind and doesn't care if he is politically correct. I happen to like that.

Richard Petty has more talent and class in his little finger than Danica Patrick will ever have, to think anything otherwise only shows your lack of knowledge of him and the sport. I have personally seen him win on dirt, short tracks, and superspeedways. FYI before he started driving what did he do, helped build cars for his Dad. He started at the ground level and was a self made man and super star. Patrick is nothing more than a public relations ploy to help NASCAR's sagging interest. As far as talent is concerned, take it from a former short track driver, she ain't got it, she has great equipment and can't get it done. As for the other guys that finished in the points behind her, how many were from top funded teams, none!!! She looks good and that's it. If she didn't look like that she would still be in karts.

Stock Car 1 and me.jpg

Oh My God!!! I forgot what a Danica Fest the race was last year, but with the weather delay in Daytona today, Fox is re-airing the 2013 race. I swear "Danica" or "Patrick" is every other word coming out of Waltrip's mouth! I remembered how they played up every aspect of the race for her, but I had forgotten just how bad it was.

Or, the moron interviewing 50 cent. This year she will throw her makeup mirror out the window to get caught in ...

Auto Transport Service
Back