• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Richard Sias will not be down for breakfast

Thank you sir for literally the best looking muscle car

After reading this article, I never realized how close the 68 Charger as we know it was almost scrapped by Brownlie in the early stages of the design process.

68 Charger the best looking car 'hands down'
all the front, rear & side views, equally great

well done Mr. Sias, RIP Richard

83CDBCF0-07FD-4F79-B947-46DBA4C881A5.png
5A78FC62-51BC-4BEE-AFF9-9E0170EEB335.png
4FF06206-27BB-414D-BC5E-1BAD1C7E7997.png
We continue to lose people who had the Vision and ability to launch the vehicles we love. Some stories are similar. We lost John Herlitz years ago. He also sent design sketches to Chrysler as a very young man. A small number of individuals formed these cars that have so much appeal 50 YEARS later. Just in the nick of time in the 60’s. This can never happen again.
Herlitz designed the 70 ‘Cuda and the 71 up B Body Fuselage design! Absolutely amazing design. In Clay. Nothing I do or will ever do will have any significance in 50 years.

I did read in the comments that when the 68 Charger was almost completed in clay,that Bill Brownlie walked into the studio,and ripped the gas cap off of the center of the tail panel,and placed it on top of the left quarter panel,and said,this belongs here. Its cool to read the comments from the people who were there in person, Richard also designed the Charger script emblems.

Auto Transport Service
Back