• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Buddy Arrington

Aaah, that is too bad! I remember when he used to race a 1981 Imperial in Nascar. I used to have one, and it was the worst POS I ever owned. Rest in peace, Buddy. Keep turning left up there and keep the shiny side up.

I just watched a really good interview with his son. He said his dad was still receiving fan mail recently. Ran a gas station and ran Winston cup at the same time, one of the last independent drivers. Just bought a copy of this picture to hang in the garage.

BABDB168-F8BF-4E6E-8748-EE544E9E063B.jpeg

Last edited:
He sure liked the oddball bodies!
RIP Buddy
No so much that he liked them, didn't have a choice. He liked racing Chrysler products and in those years the Mirada and Imperial were the only bodies that fit the rules to race at Nascar.

84 laps around our sun was a good run.

R.I.P.

Imperial.jpg

Last edited:
Was he the only guy to run the 73/74 Satellite/RR body?

I sure don't remember any.

I remember 71/72 Plymouths and then the switch to the 73/74 Charger bodies that seemed to run for several years.

Was he the only guy to run the 73/74 Satellite/RR body?

I sure don't remember any.

I remember 71/72 Plymouths and then the switch to the 73/74 Charger bodies that seemed to run for several years.
I think so, I have a couple different picture of the same car painted differently colors. But I think he was the only one to run the 73/74

Auto Transport Service
Back