• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotisserie Length for 69 Coronet

crahill39

Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a rotisserie for my 69 Coronet, but I am concerned about the size of my garage. It's about 19 feet and a few inches from the end of the garage to just before the garage door sensors inside the opening. Is there a rotiserrie that could fit in this space?

20220728_130203.jpg
20220728_130231.jpg

Mine is about 2 and a half feet beyond each end of the car. I know it wouldn't fit in your garage. I believe my Belvedere is shorter in overall length than your car.

I build and sell rotisseries. I usually recommend an additional 4 feet added to the total length of the car. You need whatever distance the rotisserie pivot posts will need plus some working room at each end to be able to open the trunk and/or hood (these swing outwards a couple inches as they open). The car itself is about 16' long. I have my 69 RR mounted and its right around 20 feet. Here are some photos of mine mounted. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

39.jpeg

55.jpeg

62.jpeg

63.jpeg

85g.jpg

85r.jpg

I've seen the things that allow you "rock" the car onto its side......picturing it my mind, it would probably work for you

Years ago I built one like the wooden one above but mine was a complete circle with 2 inch lumber at the outer edge of a plywood circle for strength and connected thru the car itself. It was held on a frame on the floor at each end that contained a pair of rollers that allowed the whole contraption to be rolled like a rotisserie. Simple but worked and was attached closely to the ends of the car.
That may work for you? ruffcut

I am really just looking for an easy way to get access to underneath the car so I can start getting off all the factory undercoating. I am going to call the Rollerhoop folks on Wednesday and get more information.

Auto Transport Service
Back