• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotisserie

Deanfitz27

Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used a rotisserie by Autolift AL - CR - 3000. I'm planning on buying one for my 69 roadrunner. Any input would be appreciated thanks

Some more pics of my cuda on the rotisserie

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

- - - Updated - - -

I currently have my 70 cuda on one. I bought it two or three weeks ago. I am happy with it but it is only 1/8" wall tube on most parts and I think the upright is 3/16"... Or whatever the metric equivalent is,It is made in China, casters are 5"( bigger caster would be nicer) i like that it is painted where the next closest ones in price are raw material but most likely they would be thicker walled tube stock. I had to make some brackets and the steel I used is twice as thick....That being said.... I am happy with it.. It is the Harbor Freight of rotisseries but it works. My 14 yr old son can work it by himself

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 518
  • photo_002.jpg
    photo_002.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 593
  • photo_003.jpg
    photo_003.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 501
  • photo_004.jpg
    photo_004.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 838
Last edited:
More

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 460
  • photo_002.jpg
    photo_002.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 449
  • photo_003.jpg
    photo_003.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 446
Thanks I appreciate your input. Does it go low enough to pick up the car from normal sitting height? Would you recommend that rotisserie or should I look for a heavier one? Thanks again

The part that has the arms attached can adjust up and down with the all thread adjuster but it doesn't crank up easily without the weight off of the arms. At its lowest point I think it could pick up from 13" but then you have to get the t shaped cross bar all the way up by turning the screw adjustment (balancer) and easiest way is to get the weight off of it. I simply had the car on jackstands and opened up the relief knob on the hydraulic jack and was able to crank the t-bar up. After that it is all just the hydraulic jack. If you don't care about the extra 6-700$ get a better one. But be careful and read the description because they do not all adjust with the hydraulic jack some are fixed or have to set height manually.. Like I said it works, it is stable, my son can control the weight of the car on it.. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend over 1000$ on the rotisserie but if 1500-1800 dollars doesn't bother you then I would probably go for an auto twirler and if you have a Vert I would probably say go with a beefier unit then the CR-3000

Also if you look at the pic with my buddies back to the camera. That was about 1:30 am and we just got it mounted and wanted to see it spin the car that we kinda rushed it and didn't keep an eye on things as we went up and because I didn't have the crossbar set correctly we were about 4-6" from coming out of the main upright Tube and putting the car on its roof!!!! If you look you can see how cocked the upright that slides inside the main upright is.. It took a couple of ratchet straps to tow in the middle so it would line up and go back down. I saw my mistake when we tried to bring it back down, but that was user error
(almost pretty costly user error) but after I adjusted that it works like a champ

If you're going to spend money, buy a Whirly-Jig, hands down the best rotisserie out there. Used ones pop up from time to time and you will never have trouble selling it when your done with it.

Just a little heads up.. After getting my rotisserie back from the blaster most of my casters are seized from the media in the bearings... Casters suck anyway they are to small but you can replace them with better and probably should in the beginning. I will be changing mine with a car on it

Thanks, from your experience, I think I'm going to buy a auto twirler, as I will be passing right by the manufacturing shop. They are about an extra 300

go to there site check them out have several models and other items also , I have two of them and that is all we us at the shop ,that rr on there only has the engine and trans out

I have the accessibility system too, it rocks. :headbang: I got the second cheapest model, no issues with a 69 runner on it. At various times I have had all the sheet metal on with full front suspension, no flexing. Easy to use, breaks down to fit in a corner.

Auto Transport Service
Back