• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam alert! Mcafee scam via e-mail...

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Some dipshit pretending to be from the internet security firm Mcafee sent us an e mail saying they were auto renewing our subscription for $399.17! My wife called the number and told them hell no yer not. He then tried to get her to go to a suspicious website where she would have to enter all our personal info and the bank account number to "Get a refund". She told them to eat dirt and called the bank. Total scam. They said they had already taken the money put and we would have to give them the info to get it back. lol. My wife is in the accounts every single day and knows what's up. Put a stop to that bs right away. Beware.

Never call the # in the email.
I have been getting PayPal emails lately saying they had deducted $'s for something I bought which I did not. The # they say to call in the email is not the official # for PP. They are fishing to see who will call them to dispute the amount.

Some dipshit pretending to be from the internet security firm Mcafee sent us an e mail saying they were auto renewing our subscription for $399.17! My wife called the number and told them hell no yer not. He then tried to get her to go to a suspicious website where she would have to enter all our personal info and the bank account number to "Get a refund". She told them to eat dirt and called the bank. Total scam. They said they had already taken the money put and we would have to give them the info to get it back. lol. My wife is in the accounts every single day and knows what's up. Put a stop to that bs right away. Beware.
I knew it was a scam...
There was a Norton/Life-Lock scam going around too :thumbsup:
I knew it is/was a scam too...

Last edited:
Never call the numbers in the emails nor click on links unless you are positive who it's coming from.

Those emails Come from everywhere. I have never paid any attention to any of them and don't feel the need to call my bank or lock my cc or anything really. What I do do is forward them to
this email site that eliminates them from contacting you again. This gets rid of all spam. After I send it there I then drop it into my junk folder. Bye bye spam..

[email protected]

59DD688C-205A-4C47-8811-5A27983827B4.gif

Really common right now. Seeing a ton of them getting blocked at work. McAfee, geek squad, and symantec renewals are the majority.

Got a couple like this "your signed up for another year open link for details". Ya right. Went to block sender then delete.

I get a ton myself. Usually in SPAM. I gave up subscribing to these concerns because they are either an off shore outfit, or have had a suspect past. I now use only one and that is PCMatic. 150.00 for a lifetime of coverage for 5 computers. I only have 4 so I have one in reserve. A US based, managed, and run company that WORKS!!!...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back