• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seatbelts

HMMopar

Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know a decent supplier for reproduction seatbelts or have any experience or advice purchasing them?
I need a complete set of gold or tan for my 68 Belvedere

Careful of Seatbelt Planet. I had an issue with them and their after sales service was not good, ending costing me more. If you google "vintage mopar seatbelts" a few choices come up on reproductions or refurb yours.

Careful of Seatbelt Planet. I had an issue with them and their after sales service was not good, ending costing me more. If you google "vintage mopar seatbelts" a few choices come up on reproductions or refurb yours.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it

PG Classics has the reproduction belts that aren't too bad. Of course, the blue they have is not the correct shade of blue I had in my GTX and I'll redye them, but at least it's a full set and they don't cost near the $1100-$1800 price some places want to restore a set.

If you get on their mailing list, and keep an eye on their website, they do have some 20% discounts available pretty often.

Try Retro Belts. I bought a set of their seat belts for my 1964 Polara. They look similar to what was available at the time, with chrome latch. They have a website and you can order online. I was very happy with price and appearance.

I work for the company that made the originals in my 69. I searched the archive files but drawings don’t exist for the buckle. And I’m too busy to search up similar buckle and get some made so went with Retro Belts for now.

058F42A3-E583-495B-80AC-C5F19265B28A.jpeg

D0EB08B1-E0B6-4673-BD94-59E4A90AC04C.jpeg

I work for the company that made the originals in my 69. I searched the archive files but drawings don’t exist for the buckle. And I’m too busy to search up similar buckle and get some made so went with Retro Belts for now.

View attachment 1449948

View attachment 1449949
Post up some pictures of the Retro belts please, for comparison.

The Retro belts are similar to the originals. ill dye to cover blue before I put them in.

A1B50C5F-84DD-4F01-ADAC-6982A89AE053.jpeg

I'd like to know if there's someone who makes the date tags? Has anyone dealt with Edwards Seatbelt recently?

[/URL]
I dealt with Bill Edwards some years ago, when he was near me, in Georgia, before he moved elsewhere. He made me a perfect set for my rr, although the blue color was off. o I bought blue material from another company and he made me anew set, with no extra charge. He also set my new seat covers properly. I was very impressed with the man.

PG Classics has the reproduction belts that aren't too bad. Of course, the blue they have is not the correct shade of blue I had in my GTX and I'll redye them, but at least it's a full set and they don't cost near the $1100-$1800 price some places want to restore a set.

If you get on their mailing list, and keep an eye on their website, they do have some 20% discounts available pretty often.
I bought from PG Classic when they had a 25% off sale, the belts look really good. I was told places that sell repop seatbelts all come from PG classics anyway.
They had an Easter sale at 20% off, around Memorial Day they’ll might have a25% off.

Auto Transport Service
Back