• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelf Life of tail stripes?

cj's mopar

Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know how long tail stripes can be sitting on shelf before the are used? I have some that have been on top shelf in dark basement for ten to twelve years.
Do I risk putting them on?
Just took that long to get car build done.

Funny you should ask that question! I'm in the same boat. I'll let you know in a couple of months
when I try to peel them off of the backing paper! Ha!

I'll be putting some 43 year old Plymouth decals on my car in the next month or so.
Please keep us (or at least me) posted on how they work out. I have some original N.OS. ‘70 Super Bee “C” stripes that I’ve carefully stashed for thirty years that I was hoping to use on the wannabee. Otherwise they may get to be wall art.

Please keep us (or at least me) posted on how they work out. I have some original N.OS. ‘70 Super Bee “C” stripes that I’ve carefully stashed for thirty years that I was hoping to use on the wannabee. Otherwise they may get to be wall art.
I have one pair that are nice and flat, the backing paper peels cleanly and another that the letters are cupped and both are about the same age. All has to do with proper, dark, cool storage I think. I'll be putting the flat ones on. I also have a nose decal for the bird, that I bought from year one in 1990. With it, not being NOS and rolled pretty tight, I think I'll buy a new one from PCG now that they're back up and rolling..

Auto Transport Service
Back