• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shift indicator light on

Data Plate

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
On my 69 charger console automatic I just put an interior in it and when I hooked up the small harness for the two side floor lights and the shift indicator light the shift light is on all the time. What would cause that everything else works fine. Ignition key light works and the ash tray doesn't have a light in it that I can see any ideas of the problem. For now I took the bulb out

On my 69 charger console automatic I just put an interior in it and when I hooked up the small harness for the two side floor lights and the shift indicator light the shift light is on all the time. What would cause that everything else works fine. Ignition key light works and the ash tray doesn't have a light in it that I can see any ideas of the problem. For now I took the bulb out
So the console interior lights both work correctly? The harness is most likely mis-wired at the console to main harness connector. I suspect the lighter circuit is hot all the time and the console shift light is wrongly wired into it or it got wired into the interior light pink wire..

Yes the console lights work fine on and off with the door. Nothing has been rewired and worked fine before I took the interior out has a constant hot lead but from where I don't know

Auto Transport Service
Back