• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipper needed, non running car, Kansas City to northern Virginia

Jim 68cuda

Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
So I bought a non running, partially disassembled project car in early April. Before I made the purchase, I made sure I had a shipper lined up who could bring me the car and made sure that the seller could hold on to the car for the 4 to 6 weeks the shipper said it might be for the pickup. All went well, till the seller told me the car needs to be out by June 6th at the latest (its already been well over a month), and the shipper informed me that he would probably be doing the pickup in late June.
Seller can't wait another month, and I'll likely loose my place in que at the body shop where I am planning to take it.
Anyone know of a shipper who can transport a no running car from the Kansas City area to the Winchester, Virginia area?
wagon pam.jpg

Try Uship.com. They're a shipping market. You punch in what you're shipping, the dates and the to and from location. I believe you can add notes such as "not running but rolls ect" or wanting an "open or closed trailer". Haulers will bid on your service. Haulers make these runs north and south, and east to west. They try to fill their trailer so they're not traveling with an empty spot.

I've used twice and both with success.

It's been a while since I've used them, and there used to be feedback left so one could have a more educated guess on who was transporting their car/truck.

Hope this helps..good luck

Avoid Brokers if you can.

I've used uShip a couple of times, it worked out okay. It's been a few years, but I paid 70 cents per loaded mile for an in-op 4x4.

Last edited:
@Jim_68Cuda

Cant help you, but please let us know what it costs you in the end, as I may have a similar circumstance coming up. Thx

Thanks. I'll try Uship.com. I have heard that its sometimes difficult finding a shipper who wants to go the needed direction. Guess I'll find out.

In Hemmings Motor News magazine they have a pretty large vehicle transportation section.

Auto Transport Service
Back