• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping a bench seat.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
Have any if you guys shipped a bench seat ?
I'm going to ship one before long but did not know if fastenall or truck freight would be best.
Its complete with a very nice legendary upholstery set on it so I need to keep it nice and zero damage.
I had thought of shipping the backs together then the base in separate shipments ?

I shipped one years ago, I unbolted the back from the bottom but not to separate them, I did it so I could lay the backs on the bottom to protect both pieces... I used nylon strapping to secure everything together, then wrapped it all in double wall card board... And shipped it via Greyhound... They put it in the luggage area under the seating area... They offer various levels of service..

1) the method I used, you drop the item off at Greyhound & the recipient picks it up at Greyhound..
2) You drop the item off at Greyhound & they deliver it to the recipient...
3) Greyhound picks up the item at your location & delivers it to recipient"s address..

I shipped one years ago, I unbolted the back from the bottom but not to separate them, I did it so I could lay the backs on the bottom to protect both pieces... I used nylon strapping to secure everything together, then wrapped it all in double wall card board... And shipped it via Greyhound... They put it in the luggage area under the seating area... They offer various levels of service..

1) the method I used, you drop the item off at Greyhound & the recipient picks it up at Greyhound..
2) You drop the item off at Greyhound & they deliver it to the recipient...
3) Greyhound picks up the item at your location & delivers it to recipient"s address..
Thanks, good idea on the dbl wall cardboard.
I had forgot about grey hound. :thumbsup:

Also shipped greyhound folded seats shrink wrapped them then made my own box was around 65$ took 2 weeks to get there but they made it.

Auto Transport Service
Back