• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Side Mirror question -- 73 Roadrunner

mfleck_us

Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question, but I'm looking for advice regarding side mirrors.

My 73 RR has only a stock driver's side mirror. It drives me crazy when backing into the garage. And I'm so used to a passenger-side mirror, I'm always looking when doing a lane-change or when backing into a parking space.

I'd like to keep the car true to the period. Did Plymouth offer dual side mirrors as an option (I assume it was available in 73)? I'm a little uneasy about drilling holes in a pristine body. The previous owner bought a couple of "walmart specials" that he never installed.

Any suggestions on what to install?
Should I look on eBay for something that is original?
Any opinions on whether I should just leave it with a single side mirror?

Thanks!

G31 Right manual OSRV chrome racing mirror (G33 required)
G32 OS RH Manual Racing Mirror
G33 Left remote control OSRV chrome racing mirror
G34 OS LH Remote Racing Mirror
G35 Delete Standard Outside Mirror
G36 Left remote control & right manual painted racing mirrors:3gears::upside down:

Thanks 71GTX. I'm going to search eBay to see if I can find those products.

I'll also check the site David mentioned. I'm not anxious to mount some cheesey walmart specials.

Good luck finding a decent non-pitted original at a "reasonable" price. I have been searching for just the right side base for 6 months. Bought a few, all crap. Probably should get the best one I have rechromed.

I had the same thing with my 73, I did add the right side mirror. Before painting I layed out and drilled the holes. The mirror is located in the same position on the door as drivers side. Should not be a big deal even after painted, just make sure to prime the bare metal before installing mirror. Also use a unibit to drill holes, it will make a very clean hole, and wont grab as it goes through panel. I suggest using template paper to locate and mark holes. Once you get all that done check out this website.......moparplus.com I purchased my mirrors from these guys, great quality reproductions, and the service is excellent! They supply reproduction mirrors to all the companies that sell them. Good Luck!

Oh I forgot to mention that I had to buy the mounting plate that goes inside the door from a junkyard, they do not reproduce this piece. It should not be hard to find, but if you have trouble I know where there are several of them. DVAP.com

Auto Transport Service
Back