• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Side window installation 69 roadrunner

birds8869

Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
Could someone direct me to a thread showing the installation of door and rear vent window for 69 roadrunner? Also, I'm looking for the material that replaces the stock foam shown in the pictures. Many thanks for any help.
20230821_142646.jpg

20230821_142639.jpg

All shown in my Bee restoration thread. Sticky at the top of the members restoration section.

That foam is readily available from Detroit Muscle Technologies

Okay. I think I'm really close here. Just wondering if something is supposed to be between the window gasket and the quarter panel. It seems too far away.

20230831_180718.jpg

20230831_180611.jpg

20230831_180603.jpg

I'll repeat myself once more if you care to read post #2.
I did. It's still not clear to me. It looks like maybe wiskers go there? I saw that you put rubber behind the gasket to push it out. There's no water intrusion issues if it doesn't fit right? I didn't take the car apart, just trying to put it together right.

They were built to leak. Why rockers and doors have drain holes and vapor barrier to protect the door cards!

They were built to leak. Why rockers and doors have drain holes and vapor barrier to protect the door cards!
Thanks. After exhaustive search came up with nothing, forums, shop manuals and restoration book... I tried your trick. It seems closer. If you haven't had any problems then thats how I will put it in. I forgot to mention that the rear quarters were replaced, which might be adding to my gap problem.

Why not link directly to the page in your restoration post so he wouldn't have to parse through 57 pages to find what he needs? Seems like a reasonable thing to do.

Why not link directly to the page in your restoration post so he wouldn't have to parse through 57 pages to find what he needs? Seems like a reasonable thing to do.
I'm at camp.. on a phone.. have to sit on my roof basically to get signal to try and help. Surely if he wants a solution he can read about all the other **** he needs to do while he looks and appears that he has!

I'm about done trying to help people on here thanks to asshole comments like yours.

I'm at camp.. on a phone.. have to sit on my roof basically to get signal to try and help. Surely if he wants a solution he can read about all the other **** he needs to do while he looks and appears that he has!

I'm about done trying to help people on here thanks to asshole comments like yours.

Excuse me...... but how the hell is anyone supposed to know where you are? Your shitty phone signal sounds like a personal problem to me.

Maybe you don't know you come off sounding like a condescending asshole!

And another condescending asshole remark. Have a nice day prick!

Where's your help thread Sam? The OP had no issues reading through mine.

And despite your ignorance they WERE designed to leak.

Where's your help thread Sam? The OP had no issues reading through mine.

And despite your ignorance they WERE designed to leak.

If i had a post car with pop out windows i would help and without the "it's in my thread idiot" attitude. I would also link to the info instead of making a guy search through 57 PAGES to find what he's looking for. Not sure why you're getting so triggered. Get off your high horse and keep the name calling to yourself.

And did i say they weren't designed to leak? That's right, i didn't. Anyways, i'm happy the OP found what he needed.

Wait, lemme get this straight ... you think dadsbee should look through 57 pages - so the guy with the problem doesn't have to ?!?!

Auto Transport Service
Back