• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skinny front tires for 70 RR

70 RR

Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know if an 80 load range tire will be safe on a 70 RR? I'm looking at the MT Sportsman S/R 26 x 6.00-15 on a 4" rim and the tire has a single max load of 990. mtt-90000000230_xl.jpgSUM-55-5461_xl.jpg

They will hold the car up, it really depends on what you are expecting from them. I have larger versions of that tire on my GTX and like them very much.

-Mark

I have them on a set of aluminum wheels. Don't expect much from them. If you drag race, no problem. Car show, no problem. Occasional cruise in, no problem. Daily driving and interstate.... I wouldn't do it with mine and rain.... no way..... in a nutshell, other than racing, they're pretty useless..

Thanks guys. I went with a Firestone tire 165x15 rated at 1170lbs on a 6'' OEM steel wheel (I have the same wheel for the back 10''). I like the black but I may paint wheels to match the car. My BFs are on orange wheel, so I may stay with the black for a change of pace.

View attachment 198424View attachment 198425

Went with M/T sportsman 26 7.50X15lt on factory aluminum 15X6" Cordoba wheels on my 300. Wheels weigh 13 pounds each without all the trim. They have gone 129 with no problems.MobyDick.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back