• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So where are all the “Cheap” B-Bodies (Hagerty)

So this is the third of fourth guy I've reached out too that won't provide under-body pictures.
RR Response.jpg

It seems like selling a vintage car you would totally expect someone to ask about rust condition and photos of the underside and it should be compulsory. Instead I get the "oh its fine, just some surface, super solid" nonsense.

So this is the third of fourth guy I've reached out too that won't provide under-body pictures.
View attachment 553606

It seems like selling a vintage car you would totally expect someone to ask about rust condition and photos of the underside and it should be compulsory. Instead I get the "oh its fine, just some surface, super solid" nonsense.
Buying a car off Ebay without many, many detailed pics is very risky. I bought my 70 Satty drop-top off of Ebay, but the seller was only an hour away from me. The transaction was concluded in person and upon the seller's insistence, only after I thoroughly inspected the car in person and was satisfied. He was a totally stand-up guy.
So, without detailed pics of every area and component or an in-person inspection, I would pass on it.

Buying a car off Ebay without many, many detailed pics is very risky. I bought my 70 Satty drop-top off of Ebay, but the seller was only an hour away from me. The transaction was concluded in person and upon the seller's insistence, only after I thoroughly inspected the car in person and was satisfied. He was a totally stand-up guy.
So, without detailed pics of every area and component or an in-person inspection, I would pass on it.
I would still advise to have a "in person" inspection. No matter how many pictures you get....Either a member from here or pay for an actual inspector...

When you find the right car from the right seller things will click. They should flood you with any and all pics you request. They should communicate well and work with you.
You should let them know if you are serious and not a tire kicking picture collector (lots of those out there)that's wasting the sellers time.
Cars come for sale all the time so be patient .

When you find the right car from the right seller things will click. They should flood you with any and all pics you request. They should communicate well and work with you.
You should let them know if you are serious and not a tire kicking picture collector (lots of those out there)that's wasting the sellers time.
Cars come for sale all the time so be patient .

Oh I agree, however Sellers should expect certain questions to constantly come up. I see it all the time when sellers complain about being flooded with emails and buyers flaking. Asking price, engine type, transmission type, general description of condition, mileage, explanation of "needs work" or any other vague issues. GOOD photos, it's 2018 and everyone and their brother has a camera phone with +5 mega pixels these days. A good for-sale ad will eliminate lots of time wasted on both sides of the transaction.

The best deals are had by driving around and looking for parked cars and stopping by shops and asking about old Mopars. I came across a hoard of cars by responding to an ad for a 440 on craigslist in another state. I asked if he had any cars for sale and he said his father had a bunch he might sell. Turned into me getting a project 69 Charger 500, 69 Coronet R/T Hemi, and my buddy picked up a 70 Superbird V-Code 4 Speed matching # car, and a 73 Challenger with a 511 Hemi shaker, and turnkey. He still has more cars I am trying to save for... 69 Daytona 4-speed 440 car..
Sounds awesome... it also sounds like 1983...

Oh they are definitely out there. I find them all the time when I don't have the money.:mad:

Auto Transport Service
Back