• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Some weird Mopar Magnum wheels. $225

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSS

Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
These were on the 1970 Coronet 500 when I bought it. The car is very original but I put some different wheels on it and I thought I could recoup some of the cost. 14" with Mopar bolt pattern. I've never seen Magnum wheels with the inserts painted white. It might have been a color-matching thing but the car is Ivory not white. The car also had full hubcaps, (see those for sale in a different thread.) You can tell the wheels always had hubcaps by the wear around the outside of the rim of the wheel. I have no idea what Dodge was doing unless it was an experiment and they used those wheels for cars that had hubcaps. The wheels are in good shape overall with normal wear on the paint. You can tell they were never black and then repainted white since there is no black underneath the white paint. I have all 4 wheels. I might have 5 but I'd have to double check on that. They have some old crappy tires on them so I'd have to pay to get rid of the tires. My zip code is 80921 so whatever shipping is to your area we need to add that.

magnum wheels.jpg

Are there any number stamping near the valve stem Look on both sides of the stem and the scratched areas from the caps.

Those wheels look like normal “chrome styled road wheels”. The full caps and trim rings mount to the same suit face on the rim scratch the paint in the same area.

they could have been painted white at any time in the last 54 years. These wheels started in 1969.

magnum 500’s have chrome rims and don't need trim rings.

I talked with a gentleman at the Mopar Nats a number of years ago and I had a set of the road wheels at that time. Three of them were original wheel and one was a repop. This guy worked for one of the wheel manufacturers back in the late 60's and early 70's. He told me they made a number of sets , painted white , instead of black. They were all road wheels , with no chrome , all surfaces were painted.

Frank Long
The Wheel Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back