• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone dun made me a Golden Boy again . . .

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
Some very kind and generous soul out there has gone and gifted me a Gold Membership.....I really don't deserve that kind of attention, and it caught totally by surprise. :thumbsup:

I have been living the last few months as a Non-Gold member to see how bad it really was. And having being upped today by surprise, I realise just how much I had been missing.

When I say missing - I mean in the sense that those pesky adverts don't slow down my ability to browse here at high speed. What a joy it is. :D

Thank you very much to whoever is responsible....it is very much appreciated and most welcome. :lowdown::lowdown::lowdown:

Congrats!
There are decent people around that do kind things still I notice alot are on here ! Must be the mopars ! They make us kind to others !!

I'm surprised that you don't get that perk as a function of the Moderator status. Without the GOLD, how would you be able to respond to any "Offensive" content in the Blue forum ??

I'm surprised that you don't get that perk as a function of the Moderator status. Without the GOLD, how would you be able to respond to any "Offensive" content in the Blue forum ??
I can see all content....but it's the dang advertising that I see also.....slows me down. :thumbsup:

*cough*AdGuard*cough* :)
Congrats on the return to the Midas touch, kiwi.
Somebody was kind enough to gift me Gold a few years ago and when it came time, I
ponied up the loot to renew it - only to find out somebody gifted me at the same time
again!
Got an inadvertent "2 Fer" there. :thumbsup:

BTW, I've discovered recently the Aussie Touring Car Masters series on YT. Man, those are a blast!
Vintage iron racing at a frantic/manic pace with no fear. 10 times more entertaining than anything
NASCAR (which I haven't watched in many years now - blah).
Cameron Tilley is a personal favorite. Dude is running the six banger hemi amongst all those V-8s!
I still need to figure out what a "Tah-rah-nah" is, though. :)

*cough*AdGuard*cough* :)
Congrats on the return to the Midas touch, kiwi.
Somebody was kind enough to gift me Gold a few years ago and when it came time, I
ponied up the loot to renew it - only to find out somebody gifted me at the same time
again!
Got an inadvertent "2 Fer" there. :thumbsup:

BTW, I've discovered recently the Aussie Touring Car Masters series on YT. Man, those are a blast!
Vintage iron racing at a frantic/manic pace with no fear. 10 times more entertaining than anything
NASCAR (which I haven't watched in many years now - blah).
Cameron Tilley is a personal favorite. Dude is running the six banger hemi amongst all those V-8s!
I still need to figure out what a "Tah-rah-nah" is, though. :)
Thanks.

Local man Angus Fogg won yesterday.....and my electrical supplier is running a comp for free hot laps with him.....got my fingers crossed...even a Ford would be fun around the track.... :D

Thanks.

Local man Angus Fogg won yesterday.....and my electrical supplier is running a comp for free hot laps with him.....got my fingers crossed...even a Ford would be fun around the track.... :D
Those small V8's they run are amazing - seriously high revs and beaten like rented mules.
Who has the Challenger T/A Sam Posey-looking car? Is that a NZ driver?

I thought you meant Golden Boy, in 45-70

26555-DEFAULT-l.jpg

He'll be a local guy...I saw it in a magazine a while back....this clip is from the track just "down the road" from me....about an hour...

View attachment 850147

:)

Yep, that's it. Saw that car in a couple year old TCM race where the announcers were talking about a
bunch of NZ racers jointly racing with them.
It's gotta be a clone, eh?

Auto Transport Service
Back