• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spare tire rod/ wingnut

Gus chiggins

Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
Will any 66-70 b body spare tire rod, and wingnut fit my 67 belvedere ? I have the disc that goes in the hole of the masonite cover, but not the rod and wingnut. Thanks

No, I don't remember the length of the carriage style bolt, but you have 2 wing nuts. One is the big one that holds the tire, jack base and jack hook in place. Then another smaller one that holds the masonite board in place with the aid of the cup. The big wing nut is, I believe the same as 68-70 ones.

20201117_165636.jpg
20201117_165625.jpg
20201117_165648.jpg

No, I don't remember the length of the carriage style bolt, but you have 2 wing nuts. One is the big one that holds the tire, jack base and jack hook in place. Then another smaller one that holds the masonite board in place with the aid of the cup. The big wing nut is, I believe the same as 68-70 ones.
That's the way I remember my 66 Belvedere was.....

The next question, are these hard to find??? It looks like a carriage bolt would work with a 3/8 wingnut.

Last edited:
I haven't found one in years, that is sold individually. Search the forum here, craigslist, and eBay. It's a little easier to find than a correct 66-67 gas cap.

Thought the carriage head end had a small bend in it. Could be wrong.

I just picked up one at an ACE hardware. Used a carriage bolt 7 inches long

Auto Transport Service
Back