• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer housing

jball1105

Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
I am struggling with the speedo housing on my 63 Sport Fury. The transmission is a T10 four speed. I ordered a speedometer housing for it (Threw a bunch of old parts away like an idiot). It is bullet shaped and nowhere near big enough to seal. The opening on the trans looks like it should have a flange on it and not just be a bullet. My understanding is the T10 was only used by Chrysler in some 63 models and I can't find very much info on if it is different than the GM applications. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

T10 Housing (1).jpg

T10 Housing (2).jpg

What is the inside diameter of the hole? What is the OD on that adapter?

I was doing some looking and I believe the part you need is made on to the cable. There was no adapter. Check with Brewers and they should be able to set you up.

I was doing some looking and I believe the part you need is made on to the cable. There was no adapter. Check with Brewers and they should be able to set you up.
So I should be looking for a new cable and not the housing? I’ll give brewers a call on Monday. Thanks!

The part in your first pic looks like a Chevy piece. Looks very similar to what a 2 speed aluminum Power Glide transmission uses.

I would find a friend with an extra power glide and try that.

Years ago I bought that part from a transmission parts supplier called Transtar Industries. They called it a speedometer
bullet.
Another place to try is Whatever it Takes transmission parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back