• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring was nice. While it lasted...

SteveSS

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
Now we're back to the low 40s for a daily high. I don't know if you guys got this crazy weather front, but it started raining Wednesday morning and hasn't stopped since. It's supposed to rain until late Friday night. We are not used to this! We are in a semi-arid climate. To get rain in a 30-minute shower is a big deal. I hadn't heard thunder since last August. Wednesday was a rain/sleet/snow/hail mix, that hasn't melted off completely. Parts of the desert down south have flooded pretty badly. I think Colorado drivers do better in snow than in heavy rain. There have been lots of wrecks from people driving through deep puddles. I was in a restaurant last night and there were buckets catching rainwater from the ceiling/roof.

I know you guys have green lawns and leafed-out trees but my Aspen trees haven't even thought about budding yet. Oh well, it will get here eventually.

Just saying. The same media then goes off about climate change and record snowfall out the other side of their mouth.

In WI, we get Wednesday. I mean for sunshine. Since March. This week, for the first time since last fall, we had 3 consecutive days of sunshine. Yesterday starting at around 9 a.m. the planes went non-stop and it is raining today. The rain is the color of a mud puddle, or at least it started that way. One time it was a greenish yellow. We also get grey, as in it looks like ash or a little milk or baking soda was mixed in a glass of water. We have not had a sunny weekend since Thanksgiving.
i don't know if they are trying to refill the entirety of Lake Michigan in 6 months or what, but they can knock it off already.
My brother lives much farther west, but still in WI. He doesn;t get the planes, and he doesn;t get as much rain. The area around Green Bay and to the west, about half way to Stevens Point is sprayed by the planes 5 days a week. They stop on Monday night. Weds. the sky is perfectly clear. I mean, 100%, ZERO clouds. Maybe they need a day for satellite pictures?
Remember the Mississippi River was getting low? Yeah nah, they opened all the little damns in WI and dropped the ponds up to 10 feet in some places before the snow melted in anticipation of what they are doing. We did not get record snow, in fact we had a mild winter and I plowed my driveway like 3 times. We got rain instead, or just nothing but completely clouded skies and grey, dismall days. The frost was not deep this year, at all.
It is NOT GOOD when some non-elected officials decide they know what is best for us from some office and a computer screen ten states away.

Here in the upstate land of taxes it was 80 degrees today.

Auto Transport Service
Back