• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Box Rebuild

64savoyguy

Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Has any one attempted to over haul their manual steering box and if so how difficult is it? Not sure if I should try this on my own or throw down the cash for a new one from firm feel. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I had mine rebuilt and was pretty inexpensive like 75.00. They tear it down tumble all the parts replace all the seals an paint it with a cast paint. I am located in ca but you must have somebody by you. You also do it yourself really its not that difficult i watched them do the whole process. When it was done it felt like brand new.

That's not bad on price. Does any one know if there are any specs on this or is it one of those things you just have to have a feel for. Kinda like setting valves. Thanks Jasoncoronet for your info.

Auto Transport Service
Back