• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stumped

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
I was at a local car show tonight. While I was looking at Don Frelier's 66 satty, a guy walks up and asks me " the parts all look the same as my Chrysler Newport, are they interchangeable ? ".

I was a tad dumbfounded, but stammered " the engine and transmission, maybe" . I mean they are different chassis's. I don't know a lot about interchangeability across platforms. I told him that I didnt really know, for sure, but I wasn't the owner. He just walked away without saying anything.

You were correct. Essentially the engine and transmission are the same.
The power steering pulley and exhaust manifolds are usually different.

I would say he was not a car guy. Why asked this question? Or did Don set you up. :lol:

Don was elsewhere at the time. I was showing another friend around.

The guy was a bit odd. It was only after his question that I noticed that he was dressed like he had just stepped out of the mid to late 70's.

After he moved along, as I was looking at other cars...here is this gold Chrysler Newport. I would have to assume that it was his car.

You know the story could go like this, he just saw both cars and really knows nothing about them, except that they both belong to the Chrysler family or maybe he knows nothing about cars. He could have been screwing with you, I've been known to do that. The best part could be, he was there. There are people that know little about these cars, but enjoy the thought of them still being here since the time that he was dressed for, the mid to late 70's!! To me the best part is, either way, you didn't blow him out of the water and he walked on to come back another day. You did good representing us! We're car people and that's how we roll!!

Well I don't know anything about a Porsche.

But Matt does.

Well I don't know anything about a Porsche.

But Matt does.
I know a little bit also but it’s been 37 years since I’ve touched this one. It’s a 1967 912, I bought it at age 11 with my brothers help in 1980. He was restoring a 1956 356 at the time and I was always helping which got me into wanting a car of my own. 1986, it’s painted and put back together. We drove it a handful of times and it’s been parked since. I bought my first Charger about a month after finishing this.

3D49FD0D-5DC7-4F9E-B923-2E94045E2844.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back