• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday Morning Show and Tell

Woodruff Carbs

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
7373A8D3-FB87-448F-B362-E3F05F3076EB.jpeg
2A2EA661-07BA-45E8-AB72-2934DF7F9597.jpeg
ADBCFB12-34A0-48D6-8B87-38D776D155DA.jpeg
9FF4753E-F943-44E4-B823-4A278269C9EA.jpeg
3102CCE2-6583-4235-A99D-88E613DA54E6.jpeg
6B04C072-194D-4E7F-9F10-4BB892C16CD4.jpeg
57’ Olds Rocket 88, J2

Absolutely beautiful! Is that a factory Y-block 3x2 setup? Lots of quality time spent
on that setup! I will have a thermoquad done here, just down the pipeline a little bit.
Thanks for sharing with us.

I would have sworn that was a Pontiac setup, but I saw the oddball firing order. Thanks for telling us what it was.
As an aside, I know chevy,Cadillac, olds and Pontiac all used three two barrel setups. Did buick? I know buick used dual quads on riviera's.

I would have sworn that was a Pontiac setup, but I saw the oddball firing order. Thanks for telling us what it was.
As an aside, I know chevy,Cadillac, olds and Pontiac all used three two barrel setups. Did buick? I know buick used dual quads on riviera's.

You are correct....as far as I'm concerned, as the more I thought about it, I would have sworn now that it is olds, Pontiac, or possibly Cadillac, but not sure still. I'm pretty sure Buicks were
1x4 or 2x4 factory cast iron manifolds.. as my father built a 38 Buick 2dr Sedan back years ago, that had a fully rebuilt 401 in it, and it had a factory 2x4 iron intake off from a Buick Wildcat. I will try to find some pics of it, and post them. Dodge33

Great work!
It was back in September 2016 when we had the 421 rebuilt for my wife's 65 GTO.
At the time, I was on a very tight schedule, and had the shop that did the removal and reinstallation of the engine and Muncie 4 speed do a rebuild on the Tripower.
About a year later I had All American Carburetors in Florida do a "restoration" on the Tripower, which made them "look pretty" but it wasn't the intensive, detailed modifications of the carbs that I really needed to bring them more in sync with the performance upgrades that the engine had done to it.
Well third time is the charm. I know an "old timer" racer who is renowned for doing major internal machining/drilling and other mods to Tripower setups, not just performance modded stock displacement engines, but strokers too, and he still has the 65 GTO he bought new and raced and drove back in 65 today.
They run much better now, and look pretty too!
20200223_124308.jpg
20200222_170614.jpg
20200222_170723.jpg

My point is that the kind of work you do is valuable, and greatly appreciated by those who need it done.
Does Woodruff drill internal passages and make other detailed mods to Rochester 2bbl carbs and if so, are they based on data provided by the client along with your experiences?
Thanks for supporting FBBO!

There are a couple mods to be made on the 2G that are absolutely imperative, just for proper function. Simply because there is less energy stored in a molecule of today’s fuel than when they were produced. There are also several performance mods that we do based on a customer’s needs and spec sheet. They are mods that were handed down from the founder of WoodruffCarbs and R&D from our local hobby stock racers who still run the Rochester 2G. Thanks for asking.

Do you have the triangle shaped tags for the Rochester Tripower I have in the picture above?
Since the car came w/a documented 4bbl, but we have done a 421 Tripower as a Royal Bobcat Tribute car, the date code of the block is October 1965. Any late 1965 tags will suffice, but if you don't have that range, I'll take any 1965 tags. I need all 3.

Auto Transport Service
Back