• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Stock Leaf Spring Installation

Weld plates on the front and rear of the spring perch. The perch is the plate that you will be putting a shim under. Alot of folks do this so the rear axle doesn't roll up and cause any problems. If you plan on doing any track use.

Ounce I get the shim angle settled I can box the perches. Thanks for the heads up on that Bearman.

FWIW, Some prying reference on SS springs…….
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/leaf-springs-for-dart-swingers.445041/#post-1972662122

BTW, The 56" length mentioned is correct per MP Chassis book. 20" front, 36" rear segments. Likewise the 2" longer front hanger. Should go.

Compare the length to the old spring.
Is a copy of MP suspension book etc available? IF you can you direct me, Thanks Bill A side note, IN drag racing how should pinon snubber be set, and which side receives the extra short leafs ie driver or passenger side, At 67 yrs old Im not sure my existing were correct an dIm replacing mine this weekend

Is a copy of MP suspension book etc available? IF you can you direct me, Thanks Bill A side note, IN drag racing how should pinon snubber be set, and which side receives the extra short leafs ie driver or passenger side, At 67 yrs old Im not sure my existing were correct an dIm replacing mine this weekend
Pinion angle kinda depends on the suspension type, or the springs you are using.
I'm using 3400lb super stock springs, with the pinion down (from the driveshaft) about five degrees. (Caltracks, ladder bars, and four links use less). I had to use angle shims to get the angle I wanted.
The stiffer spring with extra leaves goes on the passenger side of the car, due to physics and the direction of engine rotation.

Auto Transport Service
Back