• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TCI transmissions

BlooDSMeaR

Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger for a new TCI drag race trans. Im hoping that it works out like it should. The warranty scares me. Only 30 days once ordered. Im already 2 weeks into it and its still sitting on my shop floor. To cold and sick to do any work outside. Any hints or tips I should follow on the install?

How much if you don't mind me asking? Price difference between them and A&A or CRT?

Easy enough to put in, add a quart of fluid to the converter, match up the flex plate bolts to the converter before installing, Converter goes into the trans, flex plate mounted to the motor (torque bolts to spec, don't air hammer them on) trans goes onto the motor, bolt everything up.

The trans it self was a a little less than $1400 delivered. I didn't buy the install package that would include a torque converter, fluid and trans cooler as I already have bought the new parts to put in. I looked at all the choices and TCI was a little less expensive and claimed to hold up to the power I'm producing.

Looks like you got the super street fighter for up to 750hp? Just guessing off price... seems to have the internals but I would ask why does a similar trans from cope or A&A cost double?

Looks like you got the super street fighter for up to 750hp? Just guessing off price... seems to have the internals but I would ask why does a similar trans from cope or A&A cost double?
This is the transmission that I bought

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/drag-race...ion-full-manual-reverse-shift-318-340-360html
My 408 stroker motor makes 490HP and 535TQ on the dyno.

I do not know why it is so much less than the others, however a couple people said they were good to go. One thing I did notice with the other places is they offer a free refresh. TCI did not state they offered that.

So far I am very impressed with the way it was shipped and packaged. The trans loos like new.

This is the transmission that I bought

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/drag-race...ion-full-manual-reverse-shift-318-340-360html
My 408 stroker motor makes 490HP and 535TQ on the dyno.

I do not know why it is so much less than the others, however a couple people said they were good to go. One thing I did notice with the other places is they offer a free refresh. TCI did not state they offered that.

So far I am very impressed with the way it was shipped and packaged. The trans loos like new.
Don’t know much about them, should be fine for what you have though...

Auto Transport Service
Back