• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE GRILLE MEDALION

440 4 speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
Going to try to post a picture.
The guy on the left side of the photo assured me that only red medallions were made, but they had different vendors.Picture was taken at the Charger 40th in Jefferson City Missouri.

IMG_2261.jpeg

Guess I’m confused, what’s this post about?

Is that not a red medallion?

Mine was gold and people convinced me that the red had faded and the gold was the background colour. I ended up installing a repro red one.

IMG_20221001_164424470_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221001_172731561.jpg

Mine was gold and people convinced me that the red had faded and the gold was the background colour. I ended up installing a repro red one.

View attachment 1564342

View attachment 1564345
Exactly what happened! I have one that is gold that looks like almost new. Not a mark on it, is in a drawer. If you look very closely you can see a slight resemblance of red towards the outer chrome.

I was fortunate enough years ago to meet a fellow that worked at a place that made emblems. He did a few for our family. Couple had stone pits but still look very nice.
The one in the picture was original.

At least as far as the 1967 factory parts manual is concerned, there was but one medallion: 2579820.

Would be great to know how many have aged to gold and how many have not. I have several and 50% have been affected by the alchemist.

This is a pic I took of one down in SC that was in the process of fading from Red to Gold. In this case however, even the Gold background was starting to show its age.

Y2.jpg

20 years ago, I found an NOS medallion. Looked beautiful so I put it in the grille, after about 10 years it has turned gold. No idea why, but it has.

I would have believed the gold theory back in the day. They look factory made.

Going to try to post a picture.
The guy on the left side of the photo assured me that only red medallions were made, but they had different vendors.Picture was taken at the Charger 40th in Jefferson City Missouri.

View attachment 1562750
That is Carl Cameron on the left. I visited with him for well over an hour. He told me if I remember correctly that they took about 5 weeks to figure out how to brace the roof area around the sail panels in case of a rollover. He gave me a lot of information.

I actually bought my grille on eBay quite a few years ago. It had two broken fins. But the emblem was red and I think it was buy it now for $90 I think.
I immediately bought it.
IMG_20230911_210017125_HDR.jpg

I repaired the broken fins with epoxy using another grille.

I actually bought my grille on eBay quite a few years ago. It had two broken fins. But the emblem was red and I think it was buy it now for $90 I think.
I immediately bought it.
View attachment 1571421
I repaired the broken fins with epoxy using another grille.
You won a small lottery! Good for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back