• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Installation Center, Cleveland, GA

peabodyracin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
This weekend I headed South to move a grandson to Valdosta, GA. I'd made arrangements to haul a car body back from GA to a guy in IA. He had a 68 Charger rebuilt by the Installation Center in Cleveland, GA.

I'd heard of this place but hadn't had the opportunity to talk with anyone who'd actually dealt with them, so was quite interested in seeing the place. Cleveland is a very small community a bit Northeast of Atlanta. The center isn't real fancy, but they had a lot going on there. The gal in the front office gave me a tour while they dug the Charger body out of the back building. A lot going on there! Saw everything from a 49 Ford, to an early Camaro to an Alpha Romeo and a 70 Chevelle. I saw at least 4 guys working hard on cars in various states of disrepair. She knew her stuff. Told me their biggest problem is getting parts. Supply issues everywhere. She told me AMD uses them for prototype part testing.

They got the Charger loaded up quickly and I spent a LOT of time tying it down for the run home. Needless to say a fresh black primer Charger body shell going down the road on a trailer gets a lot of looks. Every time I stopped for gas someone came over to talk to me about the car.

For excitement, Monday night I was in a motel in East St Louis. It started raining during the night and man did it rain.

The customer in IA was very pleased with the car when I delivered it. It's basically a new body 68 Charger. The fit and alignment looked very good to me. Doors were mounted and lined up good with the quarter panels. Trunk lid fit the opening well. It'll sure make a nice car when done.

I was wondering if anyone had heard or had work done by them.

Normally, I prefer to do things myself if I can.
But if I known of their capabilities a few months ago, I might have used them for my current project.
That being said, I see metal availability as the big issue going forward.
I just posted a video somewhat about that in general.

One of the old car shows that was on MAV TV used to work with them on projects. I believe Hotrod and Mopar Muscle worked on some projects there also.

Auto Transport Service
Back