• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wing window.

Cojohnso1

Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been discussed with explanation before. But what was the use of the "Wing Window?" Because functionally it was only really good for small littering access? Maybe to clear smoke when most adults purtook?

I do like that it forced the main window to be squared up. Excellent for A&W drive up tray placement.

Driver sidel.jpg

My friend calls them crotch coolers! If that is the case,the passengers side one should be sealed shut!

At road speed, an open vent window (wing) will ventilate the car without letting an inrush of wind in.

Also won't let water in if it's raining.

At road speed, an open vent window (wing) will ventilate the car without letting an inrush of wind in.

Also won't let water in if it's raining.
Ok. So there is some road performance function. I like the wing window. Even if it certainly looks to be added manufacturing cost. Thus not anticipating a come back in today's designs.

Auto Transport Service
Back