• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

there I was- partIII

Geri

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
OK -fast forward to 1996 ,the V-10 dodge trucks came out and I had to have one I found one about 25 miles from home at the next town dealer (Roseville California) nice truck and not a 4wd as most were. one little ride and bought it..(yes ,I know it's not a B body-bear with me)
when I looked at it it was backed up to a fence, so I never looked under neath or seen any reason to need to. I drove it about a month -and one day decided to check the spare tire- oops. no spare? on the2500 series trucks they came with no spare only in the 1500's and 3500's, this makes no sense. I called the dealer and said I needed to ask about a spare tire- his reply was -you bought the V-10 rights? very few sold. I said yes and I just looked there was no spare or hanger for the spare. he said that truck was supposed to have a spare- come down to the dealer and we'll get this going. when I got there and said I have the V-10 and I'm here to see about the spare, the salesman said -the 2500's dont come with a spare. I told him I'd just talked to a salesman and he said to come to the dealer to get it. so this jerk said-who was the salesman? I said I didn't get his name -didn't seem like a big deal. he said if you can point out the salesman well get you the spare ,-hahahaha and he walked off. this of course didn't set well with me- the next morning I called the dealership- when the lady answered the phone I said I needed to talk to the highest ranking person in the dealership who didn't need to call his mommy to make a decision,she said-you want to talk with Ron the owner of the dealership,she forwarded the call to his office- before I could say a word he said- you was here last night with theV-10 truck about the spare, right? yes I am and was. he said don't worry I heard all about this from the salesmen talking and having a good laugh at your expense-I've been waiting for your call. I have already ordered the spare and the hanger and even though they dont come with the 2500's- yours is free- the laughing salesmen had to pitch in to buy it or be fired. we'll call you when its comes in to be installed. heh heh... sometimes we win.

Auto Transport Service
Back