• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They don't like to report these deaths in Colorado.

SteveSS

Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
We have around 120 deaths from recreational activities each. Alvalances, skiing accidents, white water rafting drownings, rock climbing. Getting lost hiking, animal attacks while hiking, mountain biking, motorcycling, and snowmobiling. It's just not good for businesses to advertise the numbers.

A person is statistically safer doing outdoor activities than driving to work. Maybe that should be the next advertising campaign for CO tourism.

Or how about people stop saying…..”hold my beer and watch this”!

People who like to live on the edge usually die on the edge too! Personally I would not go hiking or biking in rural areas without a weapon. I would rather have a bearskin,or mountain lion rug than be his lunch!

People who like to live on the edge usually die on the edge too! Personally I would not go hiking or biking in rural areas without a weapon. I would rather have a bearskin,or mountain lion rug than be his lunch!
I'd like a gun in my yard Last year moma bear an her cub were around a couple of times.

Some places you need a weapon for the human wildlife on the trails.

Some places you need a weapon for the human wildlife on the trails.
To get a CC you jump through hoops and give up your firsr born child. You can have a gun on your property. Not sure if you have pistol in trunk of your car locked unloaded an ammo locked up?

To get a CC you jump through hoops and give up your firsr born child. You can have a gun on your property. Not sure if you have pistol in trunk of your car locked unloaded an ammo locked up?
Bear spray is very effective, and should be used first. If you shoot a bear and injure it the attack will be worse. The .44 magnum is what I would have, nothing less. You have to know your state laws, in a national park they are not allowed, in the old days they recommended you have a gun if hiking in bear country, ranchers used .44 mag pistols and had a .44 mag saddle gun on the horse or in the truck.

I'll take my chances in Colorado over Mexico..

When hiking its advised to wear bells on your shoes. These will scare away brown and black bears. You can tell the type of bears in the area by looking at their scat. Grizzly scat will have little bells in it.

Bear spray is very effective, and should be used first. If you shoot a bear and injure it the attack will be worse. The .44 magnum is what I would have, nothing less. You have to know your state laws, in a national park they are not allowed, in the old days they recommended you have a gun if hiking in bear country, ranchers used .44 mag pistols and had a .44 mag saddle gun on the horse or in the truck.
I’ll take my chances of being tried by 12 instead of eaten by one, being alive is always better imo

I pack my .40 cal while camping and fishing. 4 years ago I was camping alone and while cooking up some meat on the fire I looked up to see a hungry little black bear sniffing at me from about 60 feet away. A couple of shots and he was high tailing it into the woods.

I carry a 22 in the plane to shoot myself b4 the bear eats me. Ffs...pay attention to where you are and don't get killed!

Not this bear Larger one, 50 lbs more. See the gate, wife was 20' further on the left at a table. Bear was on the other side of gate. She looks over see him, picks up our air and chases him off. Where the picture was takin is the only way into the house without breaking a window.
bear13.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back