• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Third time is a charm.

Ray70Chrg

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
In the middle of replacing the front-end suspension on a '70 charger. Choose Pro-Forged to order the upper ball joints. When they arrived, I took them out to inspect and test fit them. I had read good reviews about these ball joints, on site here, and also bad reviews about Moog replacements. Well, unfortunately, these items would not even fit into the opening as they didn't taper the bottom end of the ball joints. They were the right part #, probably wrong parts in the right box. Returned them and got refunded. Next, ordered thru Napa the more expensive one of the only 2 they offered for '70 Charger. Both selections were made by Dorman. Inspected it at the store and it visually passed inspection, BUT, when fitted to UCA it started out good, but it would not screw in all the way. The last 2 threads would not go all the way in. The original would screw in perfectly and bottom out. Returned and got refund. Finally, ordered ACDELCO and they fit perfectly. Patience, patience, patience.

Gotta love parts that are supposed to fit in a given area and only truly fit in your trunk or truck bed. QC is a thing of the past sometimes.

At least with all 3 of those brands he chose, he got FREE egg rolls......
( And Dorman and AC / Delco DO NOT " make " --- they simply Rebox Chineseum made parts )

I don't know about that pro-forged --- they keep bouncing in and out of business ( I think they share a garage with a
High School cover band ( L O L !! ) )

Last edited:
china-kids-1392988530.jpg

Last edited:
Craig will fix you up, you need old stock! Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back