• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle cable/firewall

64savoyguy

Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a rubber gromet that goes into the firewall where your throttle cable passes through on a 64 Plymouth? Seems like there should be something there to seal it off. Thanks

Can anyone tell me if there is a rubber gromet that goes into the firewall where your throttle cable passes through on a 64 Plymouth? Seems like there should be something there to seal it off. Thanks
There should be a bracket that bolts to the firewall that is integral with the throttle cable assembly. At least it is on my Savoy
I'll see if I can get a picture posted if that will help. Won't be till later this aft though.

I think I know what your talking about but a confirmation pic would be great! Thank you!

IMG_3396.jpgIMG_3398.jpg
I think I know what your talking about but a confirmation pic would be great! Thank you!

Hope these help. I broke my cable and for a temp fix just modified the original bracket with a brake cable from a bicycle and aluminum sleeve but this should give you an idea of what I was referring to.

Thanks for taking the time to take some pics! I have that gromet in my pedal assembly but after looking, I put the carpet in first then the pedal assembly so I just need to trim the carpet back a little and should be good! Thanks again!!

Auto Transport Service
Back