• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Titanium Lug nuts

j-c-c-62

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
I suspect this is the wrong forum, but anybody here have any experience to share with Ti lug nuts, both good and bad?

I suspect this is the wrong forum, but anybody here have any experience to share with Ti lug nuts, both good and bad?
There are some in the Racing Forum that use TI fasteners for lots of stuff.....but don't know about lug nuts. Might post over there and see what you get.

There are some in the Racing Forum that use TI fasteners for lots of stuff.....but don't know about lug nuts. Might post over there and see what you get.
Have a look in the race forum at "The Elephant in the Room: unloading the load from a B-body.

TI Studs make me nervous. What methods did you use to prevent ti-ti galling?

I'd like to see the TI nuts and company. Gotta be some choices....

I'd like to see the TI nuts and company. Gotta be some choices....
Fair question. Seems many "vendors" are offering them online, could be made by only one? shop however, they mostly list the good grade of Ti, there are maybe 4 styles, closed end (not for me), reg lug nut, a tall which means to me only easier to get a socket on, as the threads appear to be same length as reg, and a rotating cone seat offering, which sounds nice. There are different colors/tints, but they appear to offer no real upsides.

Last edited:
What's wrong with standard steel lug nuts nowdays?

Nothing, but they rust, the plating wears off, rotating cone seats are rare, and they weigh more than Ti.

Last edited:
Better of making a mortgage payment than spending that kind of money on another shiney object

What would be spend to get a set of those Ti lug nuts?
A good brand of quality nuts which are plated of some sort should last for years without corrosion.

25-years ago I bought Ti lug nuts from Mark Williams Enterprise for my Pro Stock Mustang. They are great, however Mark Williams no longer offers them or their stainless steel versions any longer because no one heading their warning about using them with the proper lube. To many people just put them on dry and the threads seized. Fast forward to today and I made 30 Ti lug nuts on the CNC lathe using form taps a few years ago for two of my cars with an extra set should I need a spare. I made them exactly like MW made theirs and then bought 30 of the MW aluminum snap washers to go on them. The MW 7075 aluminum lug nuts (hard black anodised) work great and are lighter than the Ti, but I wanted shinny nuts that I didn't have to worry about rusting or corroding like a steel or aluminum nut will do in a few years. Unless you have a really specific reason using, or wanting Ti nuts the MW aluminum nuts work really nice and are actually very reasonably priced for what they are.

Tom

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back