• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toly Arutunoff’s 1952 Cunningham C-3 Roadster

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
Never heard of Toly Arutunoff, but it's a pretty cool car.

d-485a-adba-ff7c299de173-h9qRH1-81173-81174-scaled.jpg

Mr Arutunoff is one of the more interesting characters you'll ever meet. Good guy to boot. Just enter his name in your search engine - most anything but g**gle... - and read a bit; Im sure you'll find it entertaining. Highly recommend his first book, "One Off". The second one - "Steering With Your Knees" ain't bad either.
As for this car... it has led an ' interesting' life shall we say.... but it's a real Cunningham with an 'interesting' body done by some Indy car/sprint car builder bitd as I remember. It's , um, uh, unique. Just like it's current owner.
Mr Arutunoff has , shall we say, eclectic tastes and tends towards slightly off-centred coachwork on his cars. He has a penchant for Zagato styles... need I say any more? :) He once owned a one of one Zagato bodied Ferrari 250 GT California. THAT car led an interesting life... Plus several Zagato bodied Lancias and another one of 2 or 3, as I remember, Zagato bodied Bristol. He also owned a big block Dart convertible that he talks about in his book and a special order 73 SD Trans Am with column shift auto and 2.76 rear gear...

here's a normal 52' C2 Cunningham Roadster
52 Cunningham c2 on track.png

here's a normal 52' Cunningham C3 Roadster
52 Cunningham c3 roadster whit & blue stripe.jpg

model box of a 52' Cunningham C4 Roadster
very Cobra-esk
52 Cunningham c4r Sports Car Trading Cards.jpg
most were Chrysler & Cadilac powered usually

Last edited:
If a 300 and an early 'vette had a baby.....

Auto Transport Service
Back