• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tony's Parts is for Sale

If this were ten years ago, I'd have seriously considered it. I sold parts back in the '80s, pre-interwebz. All by phone/mail, swap meets, money orders and HMN ads. I was particularly energetic as I was active-duty USAF then. Deployments kinda killed it off.

If this were ten years ago, I'd have seriously considered it. I sold parts back in the '80s, pre-interwebz. All by phone/mail, swap meets, money orders and HMN ads. I was particularly energetic as I was active-duty USAF then. Deployments kinda killed it off.
Thanks for your service!

What's the business' value? How much is Tony asking? If it was a great deal, someone would have jumped on it over the past year.

What's the business' value? How much is Tony asking? If it was a great deal, someone would have jumped on it over the past year.
Agreed

And if memory serves me right. He has been offering it for sale for more than just the past year. When he sold off several upper end cars the writing was on the wall.

Problem is, his competitors are near the same age. So, his target buyers pool is dwindling and fast,,,,, and the time is coming at some point its worth pennies on the dollar ,,,maybe less. And that time is coming fast.

Agreed

And if memory serves me right. He has been offering it for sale for more than just the past year. When he sold off several upper end cars the writing was on the wall.

Problem is, his competitors are near the same age. So, his target buyers pool is dwindling and fast,,,,, and the time is coming at some point its worth pennies on the dollar ,,,maybe less. And that time is coming fast.
Hmm. So, do you think we looking at a market crash for the prices of these cars and that's why Tony's getting out? I know it's difficult to predict a collector market, but I'm wondering if 57 Chevy's or Model T's got this high and then most of the enthusiasts have passed away and prices dropped. I do remember paying 650 for my first immaculate 340 Dart in 1981 and would need a second mortgage to afford it these days.

Hmm. So, do you think we looking at a market crash for the prices of these cars and that's why Tony's getting out? I know it's difficult to predict a collector market, but I'm wondering if 57 Chevy's or Model T's got this high and then most of the enthusiasts have passed away and prices dropped. I do remember paying 650 for my first immaculate 340 Dart in 1981 and would need a second mortgage to afford it these days.
IMO ? Tony wants to retire and relax just like the rest of us IMO.

But to answer the question on a crash? At some point, yes. Now whether or not that happens in my lifetime remains to be seen. My crystal ball went on the fritz this week.

Values are all reletave to the masses that want them. And that market aint gettin any younger.

My 1st Mopar muscle car ( 1969 roadrunner 383 ) cost me a whopping $150 and i drove it home ( summer of 1977 )
My last one cost me A lot more, a WHOLE LOT MORE than that.

Last edited:
IMO ? Tony wants to retire and relax just like the rest of us IMO.

But to answer the question on a crash? At some point, yes. Now whether or not that happens in my lifetime remains to be seen. My crystal ball went on the fritz this week.

Values are all reletave to the masses that want them. And that market aint gettin any younger.

My 1st Mopar muscle car ( 1969 roadrunner 383 ) cost me a whopping $150 and i drove it home ( summer of 1977 )
My last one cost me A lot more, a WHOLE LOT MORE than that.
Tony is a bit younger than me, but I think his motivation is similar. I won't say the market is going to crash tomorrow, but the demographics are not working in its favor. I feel good having the car I always wanted, but with half the money I had invested before I trimmed my stable.

It will continue to be for sale until someone gets his inventory for 15 to 20% of his retail list. Tooling for reproductions, does he own it first of all? Does any of it fit a conventional NAmerican machine or are you stuck with a specific offshore supplier. As the co-owner of an injection moulding operation I know how that plays out.

I just talked to him yesterday. He called me.
He is waiting for the right person that can take over.
I asked about his site vs his eBay, he said on his site, you don't pay the tax that eBay charges.

He is a really knowledgeable and friendly guy.

I've dealt with him numerous times over the years.

Shortly after he sold his 1966 Satellite.
He started selling off spare parts.

I bought an nos 426 hood ornament for my car from him.
That hurt the piggy bank. But I'm glad I pulled that trigger

What does the business include?

What is his asking price?

Last edited:
What does the business include?

What is his asking price?
Those questions are best directed to Tony himself.....not really good subject matter and open to debate here with guys who don't have a clue, or have any intention to buy the business anyway.

Ivester's was $500,000 in 2017 including the property and buildings except the residence IIRC.

I think Iverster still owns it, though.

I though he was keeping the reproduction and moving to CA. Selling used to one of his employees brother inlaw??

Those questions are best directed to Tony himself.....not really good subject matter and open to debate here with guys who don't have a clue, or have any intention to buy the business anyway.

Why didn't you tell roadrunnerh the same responce when he asked the same questions?

20230608_204154.jpg

Makes you wonder about a super consolidation where Ted Stevens buys Mopar city and Tony's parts :popcorn:
But he's not a spring chicken ether.

Auto Transport Service
Back