• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 3 Greatest Guitarist Ever

The use of pedals and hi tech audio made most really good.

David Gilmore.

The only guy ballsy enough to play a Fender Strat at the "Les Paul" lifetime achievement show.
I would consider David Gilmore a genius on the instrument, I don’t believe anybody else in the guitar world has played such diverse music, sometimes just developing sounds instead of progressions, and being able to play exactly what the song needed. Some of Floyd’s early work is so deep layered, it just amazes me.

I don't know if he's been mentioned or not, but I always thought that Lindsey Buckingham was underrated.

I mentioned him earlier. I’ve seen him in concert and his finger-picking playing is awesome.

This one is not top 3 for me, but I would like to mention Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi fame. He mastered the art of chiming.

Last edited:
My 2 cents worth... Probably no one has heard of them.

Tommy and Phil Emanuel...... the brothers are from Australia are the best I have heard.

Tommy plays all over the world...

Phil recently passed away.

I had the privileged of seeing Tommy play in person in Detroit.

I took the picture from my front row seat.
12 14 21.jpg

I heard Tommy on community radio several years ago.

Liked him enough to write down his name for future research.

I heard Tommy on community radio several years ago.

Liked him enough to write down his name for future research.
He played with Chet Atkins who endorsed him along with Jerry Reed the only two guitarist he has heard and played with before Chet passed away.

There is a you tube video depicting this.

he can play Django rindhart (miss spelled) style too.

Tommy plays and sells his own brand high end guitars also.

I played guitars not as accomplish or professional since I was 15 and have a good hear for such. Mike

Last edited:
A young and up and coming slide player.

Auto Transport Service
Back