• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torque converter for Maxwedge

McPorGuy

Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1964 Dodge 330 Maxwedge. I really like the car. Tons of power. It looks like grandpa's car and not just another Camaro. I hate the loose torque converter. The existing TC makes the car slow off the line unless I do a burnout start and acceleration lags on the freeway. I just purchased a 9.5" Circle D torque converter. Circle D seemed very knowledgable. I'm a shade tree mechanic, not a transmission expert. Circle D says this converter will provide approximately 3,000 - 3,200 RPM of stall speed with my combination. This converter features an aggressive low stall impeller which will help significantly improve the coupling characteristics of the converter making the whole car much more responsive to throttle & more enjoyable to drive in normal street / highway driving scenarios. This TC was pricey at $999, but it's billet and they throw in a shirt, kookie, pen, and sticker.

3 weeks to manufacture. I'll follow up once installed and report the results.

I'm sure you and your converter company know this, but...... if you have a pushbutton trans, it uses a smaller input shaft than a later 727. Hate to have you pull the trans out and find the converter doesn't fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back