• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion Bars

Stucat

Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Where the Hell has Hotchis gone? Looks like Another One Bites The Dust. Toooo bad. So I had HSS 19367 torsion bars on BO for 8 months. They where 1.1 dia and 41" long for a 69 Charger. Any suggestions on another quality torsion bar? Is 1.3 dia a big difference? as the 1.1 dia was in the whole kit from Hocthis. And was setup for a 2" lower ride hight, as where the rear leaf springs where. Thanks for any info.

BAC, Firm Feel, Sway Away, PST. Both BAC and PST are sponsors here. BAC, Peter Bergman, is a major league Mopar guy too.

Yes, 1.1 to 1.3 is a huge difference, not sure where you are starting from. 1.3" would only be for big tires, on track, with a heavier car. Actually, I don't even know if you can even fit 1.3" in a b body hex

Thanks found the Safeway and PB, They both have 1.14 and 1.08.Right in the middle of the 1.1. I guess the 1.08 is the closest to the 1.1 only .020 smaller. thanks again

Thanks found the Safeway and PB, They both have 1.14 and 1.08.Right in the middle of the 1.1. I guess the 1.08 is the closest to the 1.1 only .020 smaller. thanks again
Slow down here, and check your math. :D

Just checking , aren't those 1.1 and 1.08 the OD dem of the bars?

Where the Hell has Hotchis gone? Looks like Another One Bites The Dust. Toooo bad. So I had HSS 19367 torsion bars on BO for 8 months. They where 1.1 dia and 41" long for a 69 Charger. Any suggestions on another quality torsion bar? Is 1.3 dia a big difference? as the 1.1 dia was in the whole kit from Hocthis. And was setup for a 2" lower ride hight, as where the rear leaf springs where. Thanks for any info.
I ordered some stuff from Hotchkis the first of last month. When I didn't hear anything I tried calling and got the never ending Phone transfer circle jerk. So I sent an email telling them their customer service sucked and to cancel my order. I sent my email on January 31st and on Feb 5, I got a response from Jonathan Hatfield from Hotchkis saying they were implementing a new system causing delays and they wouldn't be up to speed for 4 to 6 weeks! Holy Cow what company can afford to totally turn off all customer service for two or three months? WoW! I don't even work in a customer service organization and we couldn't go months without producing anything. Crazy! and what company brings in a new system before making sure it will work... Dumb. I would be afraid of any warrantee items with that company.

I put the PST bars on my 66 last summer.
So far very happy with them.

Ordered a set from Hotchkis (through Summit) last September, with a ship date of January. January comes and the date changes to March. I call Summit, ask them what's up and I'm not happy, they tell me they can't help supplier issues. I talk to Bergman, they can get me torsion bars. Go to Summit to cancel the order to find they canceled it without my requesting it. Ordered from Bergman, had them in a week and a half.

What size bars did you order? I had ordered that 2" lowering kit from Hotckis the bars they sell with that kit are a 1.1.

Auto Transport Service
Back